Rupa’s current tutoring subjects are listed at the left. You
can read more about
Rupa’s qualifications in specific subjects below.
Have 5+ years of experience in actively teaching life sciences spanning topics such as cell biology,genetics, basic physiology and biochemistry, classification and taxonomy, comparative anatomy, embryology and evolution.
I have pursued Botany up to B.S level. I am familiar with plant taxonomy and plant genetics.
Whether its Gibbs free energy, Enthalpy or chemistry of simple glucose test, with an advanced degree in Chemistry I am well versed with organic, inorganic and physical chemistry.Enabling students to understand basics such as Chemical Equations & Stoichiometry, Atomic Structure, Electron Clouds and Probability,Chemical Bonding,
Gas Laws, Acids, Bases, Salts & Solutions and hydrocarbons is my priority so that you are prepared for a career in science.
I am fond of teaching kids elementary science and maths.From learning addition and subtraction to basics of geometry, from simple machines to Inertia I try to make early learning fun experience so that young minds not only understand the fascinating world around them but are also trained for taking up tougher challenges in future. I am well versed with teaching decimals, percentage, ordered pairs, probability, fractions etc. In science I am trained to cover topics related to physics (eclipse, laws of motion, fiction, inertia etc), chemistry (Elements, states of matter, periodic table) and biology(plant and animal classification, anatomy, proteins carbohydrates, diseases.
I am passionate about teaching science and making learning fun for the growing young mind. I am adept in teaching K- middle school science covering topics of chemistry, biology and physics.
As I have Ph.D in molecular biology and cell biology, I am well versed with Genetics, i.e. from basics of medelian genetics to advanced understanding of Hardy weinberg's law and recombinant technology.
As Hindi is my second language, I am well versed with written and spoken Hindi. I am proficient in grammar, vocabulary, sentence construction and essay preparation. With knowledge of Hindi poetry and popular classic writings by Hindi writers like Prem Chand, Sumitranandan Pant and Mahadevi Varma, as well as current trends in Hindi literature, I am confident that I am able to make learning Hindi a breeze for students.
I have a PhD in cell and molecular biology. For all MCAT aspirants, I am here to help you with biology concepts comprising of:
1. biological molecules (Proteins, carbohydrates,sugars, Vitamins, DNA and RNA)
2. genetics (Mendel's law, epistasis, codominance and sex linked inheritance)
3. cell biology of cell organelles such as nucleus, mitochondria, lysosomes, golgi apparatus etc.
4. Molecular biology of neuroendocrine system
5. anatomy and physiology of muscular and skeletal systems, the lymphatic system, respiratory and circulatory systems, the nervous system,
6. cell division (mitosis and meiosis)and their genetic regulation, cell cycle regulators, DNA synthesis and its inhibitors, RNA and protein synthesis.
7. enzymatic activity, energy threshold, activation energy, enzyme inhibitors.
8. evolution (classical concepts and modern genetic approaches).
9. Ecology (Ecosystem, biome, food web, adaptation, pollution etc.
I also cover Organic chemistry concepts such as nomenclature, stereochemistry, hydrocarbons, amino acids and proteins.
Besides explaining topics I strive to pass on problem solving skills so that you are exam ready.
Adept in microbial genetics spanning from simple prokaryotic genome to transposable elements and recombination. Also expert in microbial diseases and fundamentals of bacterial culture and gene overexpression using prokaryotic systems.
Chains and cycles.... if these words haunt you and keep you away from organic chemistry, then worry not; help is HERE. As a tutor with an advanced degree in chemistry, I am adept in covering organic chemistry topics from basics to advanced level.
1. Understanding bonding in hydrocarbons, nomenclature
2 Nucleophiles and Electrophiles, types of nucleophilic and electrophilic reactions such as addition substitution, rearrangements, sulphonation, halogenation, nitration electrophilic substitution on pyridine.
3. Intramolecular Cationic Rearrangements
4. Reactions with Radical Intermediates
5. Conjugated pi (p) Systems and Aromaticity
cyclic and heretocyclic compounds and their properties.Electron Movement, Electron Displacement Effects in Organic Compounds, electromeric effects and hyperconjugation
6. Reactions of Alkanes, Alkenes, Alkynes, Alkyl Halides, Allylic and Benzylic Conjugation,Aromatic Compounds, Alcohols and Ethers, Aldehydes and Ketones, Carboxylic Acids and Derivatives, Amines, Sulfur and Phosphorus Compounds.
7. Mechanisms of reaction such as Friedel Crafts alkylation/acylation, Fries rearrangement, Cope rearrangement, borodine hunsdiecker reaction etc.
8. Substitution Reactions of Benzene Derivatives.
9. Organomettalic reactions and catalysis.
10. Test for identification of simple sugars, Aldehydes and ketones.
Besides these, I also cover biochemistry and organic molecules of biological significance.
I am confident that with my help your ride on the cycle of organic chains would be smooth.
As I have pursued Zoology in my MS, I have thorough understanding of the classification of the animal kingdom, developmental stages and comparative anatomy.