My name is Brittni and I currently working on a Master's degree in Education at U. Mass Lowell. I received a Bachelor's degree in History with an English minor at U. Mass Lowell as well. My philosophy when it comes to history is that the subject itself is not boring (how I hate when people say that!), but the way it is taught often is. My goal for teaching and tutoring would be to make history (or any other subject fun and interesting to my students.
In terms of tutoring what I am available for and willing to do is as follows:
- Writing help. Helping to develop strong writing skills and more specifically helping students in writing History/Social Studies papers.
- Help learning and understanding information about various periods.
- Test preparation
- Developing study skills
- I have a strong background in American and European History
- The same kind of writing help and development.
- Grammar help.
- Literature help. I am a big reader and have concentrated on Literature courses in my English minor. Will read any literature a student needs help with if given advance notice.
In addition to history and English tutoring, I am also available for basic Spanish tutoring. My Spanish qualifications are 4 years of high school Spanish and 3 college Spanish courses, two of which were taken in Spain at the University of Granada.
While my first priority is to help my students to learn and succeed, I also hope to make my sessions an enjoyable experience for a students. I hope they will look forward to our sessions and not dread them.
back to top