My approach is to build on what the student currently knows. I practice patience and compassion while getting the students to understand that they share some responsibility for learning. I gently probe and question the students to ensure they really know what we’re planning to do.
The students are involved in the overall learning plan, which also includes a reasonable time frame for the learning. And to ensure that they do understand the material, I ask students to demonstrate what they have learned.
• BA cum laude in English from North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
• CBEST Teaching Credential
• Certified ESL Tutor
• Senior Member of Society for Technical Communication
• Volunteer Proofreader for Project Gutenberg
• Member of The Bay Area Editors' Forum
• Member of NCSU Alumni Association
back to top