Whatever course in Math
) you need help with, my long professional experience in the subject will help you reach your goals. From high school to college studies, I am also specialized in preparing specific subjects such as Honors and AP programs, and students and adults who wish to pursue a career in the medical field (MD, Nursing
, PA, Dental, Physical Therapy...etc).
Do not hesitate to contact me, I will be glad to assist you.
Here is a bit of my biography. Talk to you soon!
After a master's degree in Mathematics
and Biochemistry, I was awarded two competitive national fellowships to teach for 4 years in a European university and study for a PhD in Biology and Biochemistry. After graduating with highest distinction, I took a position as a Postdoctoral fellow at UNC-Chapel Hill, where I undertook a 5-year research project in Biology and Biochemistry, which received a U.S. federal grant from the National Institutes of Health. I was then promoted to Research Assistant Professor, continued to teach Biology and Biochemistry at UNC for 4 years, and was the award winner of a year-round in-house oral presentation research contest in my Department.
I have experience in Scientific Writing
, having published a dozen peer-reviewed scientific publications in international journals, and as Scientific Reviewer for the National Science Foundation (NSF) grant proposal evaluation process in the Molecular and Cellular Biosciences Division, and for Plant Cell, Plant Journal, Journal of Plant Physiology, Current Opinion in Plant Biology, Federation of European Biochemical Societies, Medical Science Monitor (2005-2010).
I also supervised and trained undergraduates at UNC in all the steps from thinking and building a scientific project around various scientific disciplines (Chemistry, Organic Chemistry
and Life Sciences), to obtaining and interpreting preliminary data and writing a successful competitive fellowship application. Under my mentoring, one of my research students was awarded two distinguished prizes: a Research Fellowship Program from the “Pfizer Global Research & Development Award”, and the “J.N. Couch Award for Excellence in Biology” at UNC-Chapel Hill. I was also a researcher in the biotechnology industry, in the Research Triangle Park, with a competitive fellowship from the North Carolina Biotechnology Center.
I teach elementary, high school, college students and adults who would like to take classes in Math, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Physiology, Pharmacology and Anatomy for exam preparation, or for the purpose of filling a particular gap in the curriculum, acquiring more education and developing reasoning skills.
Having been a scientist for many years, learning to pay attention to detail, passing numerous exams all the way up to a PhD program, and obtaining several scholarships, fellowships and grants, I am extremely well prepared to guide you through the difficulties of understanding and reasoning you may face during your exam preparation, or grant applications.
My Honors and Fellowships
- Industrial Fellow, The North Carolina Biotechnology Center (2010-2012)
- U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) grant, Multi-Domain Sec14 Proteins and Developmentally Regulated Membrane Morphogenesis (2008)
- Cell and Developmental Biology In-house Oral Presentation Award winner, UNC-Chapel Hill (2008)
- European Molecular Biology Organization
(EMBO) Travel Fund Award, Cellular & Molecular Biology of Lipids, Cargese, Corsica, France (2003)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate "Lavoisier Fellowship", Ministry of Foreign Affairs, France (2001-2002)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate fellowship, Ministry of National Education Research and Technology (MNERT), France (2000-2001)
- Senior Lecturer fellowship, University of Bordeaux, France (2000-2001)
- Doctoral fellowship, MNERT, France (1997-2000)
- Lecturer fellowship, University of Bordeaux, France (1997-2000)
- Federation of European Biochemical Societies (FEBS) Youth Travel Fund Award, FEBS Course in Lipids: Metabolism and Intracellular Transport, Utrecht, the Netherlands (1999)
- Master's Fellowship, University of Bordeaux, France (1995-1997)