I earned my K-6, K-12, and AG (gifted education) certificates from NC State. I taught grades 1-5 from 1990-2000 (Burke, Guilford, and Wake Counties), and was a gifted education coordinator and teacher for 5 years. Other areas that I have experience in are:
- teaching students with learning disabilities, ADD/ADHD, and other challenges;
- had top test score performance each year by teaching higher order thinking skills, not "teaching the test";
- administered end-of-grade test each year with success as well as other measurements of academic success;
- use an integrated method of approaches to teach reading, as not one method works for all kids all the time;
- taught blind and deaf students;
- managed a "Sylvan-like" tutoring agency for approximately 1 year (until it closed).
The rate for tutoring at my home is $35/hr, or for $45/hr I will travel up to 10 miles. Sessions must be cancelled 3 hours prior to appointment.
back to top