Thomas B. passed a background check on 3/4/14. The check was ordered by another user through First Advantage. For more information, please review the background check information page.
After sending a message to Thomas, you will be able to order a new background check for $7.99. As part of your tutor selection process, we encourage you to run updated background checks. Please also review the safety tips for hiring tutors.
I received my B.S. Degree in Statistics from the University of Minnesota. During my career at 3M I was able to consult, mentor, and teach numerous classes to co-workers in how to use statistics in product design and problem solving. I feel I have a knack for simplifying this subject that many find difficult to grasp. Outside of work, I tutored Junior and Senior High school students in basic math, algebra, and geometry. My goal is always to help you learn the subject to the level you wish to understand it.
Through the years, I have helped students improve their ACT test scores. The approach I take is simple:
1. Pretest the student to find the areas that he/she needs help.
2. Focus on those areas that would add the most points to his/her score. As an example, if one is strong in algebra, but weak in plane geometry and trigonometry, I'd focus on the plane geometry only because the trigonometry is worth only between 5 - 10% of the math score, whereas the plane geometry is worth approximately 25%.
3. Stress answering simplest questions first, returning to harder questions later.
4. There are no penalties for guessing, so answer all questions by narrowing down your choices, then make your best guess.
5. Finally, if time permits, check your answers.
Algebra I is the beginning of a very exciting way of viewing mathematics. I was once told, algebra is just finding unique ways of multiplying and dividing by the number "1" and adding and subtracting "0". After learning the language of algebra, we'll use that language to solve linear equations and inequalities, solve 2 linear equations at the same time (system of linear equations), factor and solve various polynomials including quadratic equations, then finally work with exponential, radical, and rational expressions and functions. algebra 1 will be the prerequisite of more advanced math, like algebra 2, pre-calculus, and statistics.
Great tutor — Thomas is an excellent tutor. He is very patient, and very good at explaining things in a way that student's can understand. My daughter is so thankful for his help with statistics this semester, and we highly recommend him as a tutor. ...
Your first hour with any tutor is protected by our Good Fit Guarantee: You don’t pay for tutoring unless you find a good fit!
Usually responds in about 6 hours
Send Thomas a message explaining your needs and you will receive a response by email. Have you already emailed Thomas or another tutor? If so, you have an account! Sign in now
If selected, WyzAnt will ask interested tutors to contact you by email if they are able to help. A maximum of five different tutors will email you and none of your personal information, including your email address, will be released.