Trina L. passed a background check on 5/12/11. The check was ordered by Trina through First Advantage. For more information, please review the background check information page.
After sending a message to Trina, you will be able to order a new background check for $7.99. As part of your tutor selection process, we encourage you to run updated background checks. Please also review the safety tips for hiring tutors.
I have been teaching elementary school for 24 years. I have a degree in Elementary Education and a Master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction along with an emphasis in math.
My experiences have included numerous student teachers, mentoring new teachers in our district, technology training, and workshops on a wide range of educational issues. I was in charge of an after school tutoring program in Blackduck for 4 years.
I am a highly motivated and versatile individual who values education, and I would be honored to put my knowledge and experience into helping your child.
I currently hold a degree in Elementary Education with a concentration in Child Development and Family Relations. I also have a Masters of Science Degree with a concentration in Curriculum and Instruction and a Math Emphasis.
• Earned high marks for the quality and creativity of classroom teaching, lesson plans and instructional materials used in teaching diverse subjects (e.g., language arts, mathematics, science, social studies and history).
• Developed innovative approaches that were repeatedly held up as the model standard for meeting district 32 goals in areas including technology integration across the curriculum, experiential learning, literacy and diversity.
• Taught general education students as well as individuals with learning challenges and special needs within a mainstreamed, inclusive classroom.
• Consistently commended for ability to redirect students exhibiting behavior problems by replacing disruptive, unproductive patterns with positive behaviors. As a result, selected to lead district-wide in-service on classroom management.
• Actively served on a variety of school committees and task forces focused on curriculum development, textbook review, fundraising and anti-bullying efforts.
• Established positive relationships with students, parents, fellow teachers and school administrators/staff
As far as my background experience in k-6 I have twenty-four years of classroom experience. During my these years I taught all subjects, at all levels. Currently, I am in charge of the K-6 Title 1 Program in District #32 which has an emphasis on math, reading and language.
My credentials are listed above and include K-6 Elementary Degree and a Master's Degree in Curriculum & Instruction with an emphasis in Math. Along with my degrees I have attended numerous workshops and in-services to keep current on all educational practices.
Usually responds in about 18 hours
Send Trina a message explaining your needs and you will receive a response by email. Have you already emailed Trina or another tutor? If so, you have an account! Sign in now