Trina L. passed a background check on 5/12/11. The check was ordered by Trina through First Advantage. For more information, please review the background check information page.
After sending a message to Trina, you will be able to order a new background check for $7.99. As part of your tutor selection process, we encourage you to run updated background checks. Please also review the safety tips for hiring tutors.
I have been teaching elementary school for 24 years. I have a degree in Elementary Education and a Master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction along with an emphasis in math.
My experiences have included numerous student teachers, mentoring new teachers in our district, technology training, and workshops on a wide range of educational issues. I was in charge of an after school tutoring program in Blackduck for 4 years.
I am a highly motivated and versatile individual who values education, and I would be honored to put my knowledge and experience into helping your child.
I currently hold a degree in Elementary Education with a concentration in Child Development and Family Relations. I also have a Masters of Science Degree with a concentration in Curriculum and Instruction and a Math Emphasis.
• Earned high marks for the quality and creativity of classroom teaching, lesson plans and instructional materials used in teaching diverse subjects (e.g., language arts, mathematics, science, social studies and history).
• Developed innovative approaches that were repeatedly held up as the model standard for meeting district 32 goals in areas including technology integration across the curriculum, experiential learning, literacy and diversity.
• Taught general education students as well as individuals with learning challenges and special needs within a mainstreamed, inclusive classroom.
• Consistently commended for ability to redirect students exhibiting behavior problems by replacing disruptive, unproductive patterns with positive behaviors. As a result, selected to lead district-wide in-service on classroom management.
• Actively served on a variety of school committees and task forces focused on curriculum development, textbook review, fundraising and anti-bullying efforts.
• Established positive relationships with students, parents, fellow teachers and school administrators/staff
As far as my background experience in k-6 I have twenty-four years of classroom experience. During my these years I taught all subjects, at all levels. Currently, I am in charge of the K-6 Title 1 Program in District #32 which has an emphasis on math, reading and language.
My credentials are listed above and include K-6 Elementary Degree and a Master's Degree in Curriculum & Instruction with an emphasis in Math. Along with my degrees I have attended numerous workshops and in-services to keep current on all educational practices.
Your first hour with any tutor is protected by our Good Fit Guarantee: You don’t pay for tutoring unless you find a good fit!
Usually responds in about 18 hours
Send Trina a message explaining your needs and you will receive a response by email. Have you already emailed Trina or another tutor? If so, you have an account! Sign in now
If selected, WyzAnt will ask interested tutors to contact you by email if they are able to help. A maximum of five different tutors will email you and none of your personal information, including your email address, will be released.