Hey there! Thanks for taking a look at my listing.
Who am I?
I've been an Art Director in a number of advertising agencies and design firms for over 15 years. In this position I've had plenty of amazing experiences, met super talented people and have traveled the globe. Working as an Art Director has been very good to me.
Photoshop is one of the concentrations that WyzAnt provides tutoring for and a program I use virtually everyday.
While I shy away from asserting I am a Photoshop Master, I will ardently proclaim it is the tool I most use in the construction of my layouts and art work. And it is the tool I feel comfortable wielding to do my bidding. A tool I also feel I can share its secrets with others. Photoshop is a wonderful, multi-dimensional program that is perpetually getting better. I'd love to share my fascination with what it can do.
Art and Art History are the other topics I can share. Art has been a life-long love affair that will always be my lifetime love affair. Here again, its hard to proclaim I am a master of the subject. Here again I am a student and will always be a student of the subject. But what I feel I can impart to a student is my love for the topic and why I think it is important to study art.
Here are just a few of the reasons I think art matters...
- It makes us think.
- It develops focus and increases attention. Art hones our observation skills.
- It gives us problem-solving tools.
- It can challenge us.
- It can lead us to self-discovery...cultural-discovery...world-discovery...nature-discovery...
- Viewing it or doing it, art can make us very happy.
- Art allows you to explore. Increasing our enjoyment of the real world... and the world between our ears.
- You don't need to own, create or buy art, in order to benefit from it.
- Art can make you uncomfortable. In a PC, wear-your-safety-belt, follow-the-printed instructions kinda world. It’s not bad being uncomfortable occasionally.
- Art has the power to transform.
- Art can inspire.
- It can reveal insights into our history. It tells our stories.
- Art encourages creative thinking. And our world needs more creative thinkers.
- A love of the Arts means you are open to a lifetime of discoveries.
- The Visual Arts work in a realm outside of words, mathematics and analytical reasoning, while it also can work inside words, mathematics and analytical reasoning.
- Art can evoke or re-create real experiences.
- In art, its OK to take risks.
- In art, its OK to express the impossible.
- Quality of life improves with the addition of art institutions in a community.
- Art matters very much to the artist that has devoted their entire life to this pursuit.
- Art offers different explanations of our world.
- Being surprised is an unexpected result from art.
- Art has the power to heal.
- Art brings people together.
- Art is an outlet.
- Art helps us make sense of the world.
- Art is a universal language, while also being a very personal language.
- Art occupies that space between heart and mind.
Art matters and I'd love to share my passion for the arts with others.
Thanks for stopping by!
back to top