Hello and welcome to my page! My name is Edite (pronounced - Edeet). I continuously find helping others reach their full potential exciting and rewarding. I have a degree in Accounting and I used that knowledge while I worked at Marriott Headquarters for 15 years. My real passion is languages: I speak 4 idioms, one creole and one dialect. I am a native Portuguese speaker and U.S. citizen. I worked for the United Nations for 11 years where I came in contact with many different languages and cultures. I've been teaching languages and different subjects for many years now. As a Phi Kappa Phi scholar, I have been a mentor at University of Maryland U.C. for four years and will always be committed to serving my community and beyond.
I am a patient and very enthusiastic tutor that opts for classes that are fun and easy to follow with an extremely pleasant and positive attitude. I am a people's person, so I love to share the excitement that I have for my tutoring subjects and am able to derive value from seeing my students succeed. I take care in teaching my students and encouraging them to learn by using effective practices, strategies, and resources to inspire and enrich their learning. I am used to honoring various learning styles, students' needs and goals, as well as ensuring they are active learners. Everyone is different with their individual learning style. Therefore, my classes are custom-made as I adjust them to each student's challenges, preferred learning style and pace. Believe me, nothing replaces the one-on-one learning interaction.
If you need to get started right away and want results, then I am the right person.
MY GENERAL AVAILABILITY:
Monday through Friday: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Sunday: Negotiable if given enough notice.
BEFORE WE GET STARTED
- You can email me at any time, as many times through WyzAnt and inquire about my services.
- Before requesting to meet and/or get my contact number, please have payment credentials on file. WyzAnt requires this, WITHOUT exceptions.
- For this effect, you need to contact WyzAnt to open an account.
I AM HERE TO SERVE YOU:
- All my certified tutoring subjects are listed below and appear in bold text. For now, I am not tutoring the non-bold subjects.
- If you provide me with an opportunity to tutor you, I will do my very best to help you succeed in your studying subjects.
- Do not hesitate in asking questions and voicing concerns.
- Please feel free to provide suggestions on how I can serve you better.
SOME HOUSEKEEPING ITEMS
- Please be on time for your scheduled sessions. Tutoring charges begin at your scheduled starting time (NOT at your late arrival time).
- Tutoring ends promptly at your scheduled ending time unless you intend to extend the session at your own expense, and in case I’m not booked the following hour.
- Please do not request that a slot be held for you, unless you definitely plan on using it. You would not want me to waste your time, so please, return the favor.
- If you are having trouble in your studies, please do not expect your grade to improve immediately to an "A" right after the first few tutoring sessions. It takes time and firm commitment on your part to start seeing results.
- Practice makes perfect. Tutoring time alone will not do it. Please expect LOTS of practicing exercises, and in addition practice your work on your own, so that you can see progress.
- Expect LOTS of repetition in Language learning, especially for correct pronunciation.
- Please be honest, respectful, and fair in your ratings and reviews. I am NOT at fault if students do not practice their work nor follow the guidelines or advice I provide.
- Please note that if you repeatedly cancel your appointments, you risk losing your reserved slot. I reserve the right to take back the slots from those clients who cancel repeatedly.
- When canceling, and for you NOT to be charged, please notify me - 24 hours prior to your scheduled session - via EMAIL through WyzAnt's system and PHONE (my info is on WyzAnt).
- Please expect to be billed $25 for ALL cancellations occurring within 24 hours of the session’s scheduled starting time.
- 1 hour is the minimal session length billed. If the session goes beyond the first hour, 2 full hours will be billed - no matter if it was for a 1/4 hour, 1/2 hour, etc.
- If I’m expecting you at your scheduled session and you DON’T SHOW UP, after a 15-minute wait, you will be billed in full at your established rate and session length (be it 1 hour or 2).
- Please DO NOT get angry because you were billed for NOT showing up or for Cancelling within the penalty window of 24 hours.
- All payments are processed through WyzAnt - NO exceptions.
Customer Satisfaction - Guaranteed!
back to top