Hello prospective student.
I offer tutoring sessions primarily in Statistics for students starting from the high school - those interested in taking the AP Stats - all the way up to the graduate level - those working on their theses. Statistics is my primary focus subject.
I also teach:
- Mathematics: primarily to high school students taking the AP Calculus and wanting to learn Algebra; also undergraduate college students
- Accounting: Elementary and intermediate accounting to undergraduate college students
- Economics: to undergraduate college students covering both micro and macro economics
- Finance: to undergraduate students covering basic accounting, interest rate theory and basic financial methods
I am a 30 year old experienced professional. I hold double masters - MBA in Finance and MS in Statistics. I started my career working as an analyst in a major bank, and over the years, ascended to the senior managerial level at a large overseas bank. My work focused upon gathering and analyzing data through various channels that impacted major business decisions. Changing family commitments gave me an opportunity to try something new, and I discovered my love for teaching just then.
I offer several advantages to my prospective students:
1. Location: I live right next to the Silver Spring metro station.
2. Rate: My rate is very competitive. With the WyzAnt discount package, you can pay as little as $40 per hour for sessions completed with me. Unlike many tutors, I do not charge for prep time.
3. Experience: I worked as a graduate teaching assistant for close to 2 years in my grad school. I have also belted experience teaching students around the Washington DC metropolitan area as an independent tutor and also as a contractor for tutoring institutions. My students have come from George Mason, the University of Maryland, the George Washington University, Montgomery College, Howard Community College, NoVA Community College, ITT (online), Devry (Online) and more.
4. Convenience: I work from home with flexible hours. I can offer sessions at any reasonable time depending upon the student's need. Many of my students meet me at evenings and over the weekends.
5. Computer assignments: For Stat students, I offer help with SPSS, STATA, SAS, MS Excel, Minitab, R and even MATLAB! Except SAS, I have personal copies of all the other software.
I value long term commitments with my clients and do not treat my sessions as merely an hourly job. I support my clients to the very end and ensure they get the best results when working with me.
I wish you the best in your coursework.
back to top