The two essential traits any tutor MUST have are 1) knowledge of the subject and 2) the ability to explain it in simple, easy to understand English.
I have them both.
I’m a honors graduate of both the University of Maryland and The Johns Hopkins University, majoring in biologic sciences and biochemistry, with 30+ years of professional experience.
I have a passion for teaching.
Here are just a few of the comments I’ve received:
- He was able to convey the biomedical info in an easily understandable way.
- Able to make potentially complicated information understandable to the lay person.
- Amazing info – the nonscientist in me was somewhat challenged, but I learned a lot.
- Makes the science easy. I wish I would have had him for a science teacher!
- Awesome. Loved how Dr. Ron made the “science” understandable for us.
To me Science is a verb; it is active and on-going. Rather than make students memorize what Scientists have learned, I prefer to teach them how they learned it, and hopefully in that way they can begin to truly understand and think for themselves.
back to top