Allow me the opportunity to assess your math ailment, and to construct a plan to quickly put you on the road to recovery.
I'm an alumnus of Tougaloo College (Mississippi), where I majored in mathematics/computer science. I graduated with a 3.89 cumulative GPA (summa cum laude, class valedictorian). During high school, I scored in the 97th percentile on the military ASVAB exam. I tutored math in college for three years. From 2003 to 2009, I have voluntarily tutored students at a local Baptist church in Maryland. Also, I have voluntarily taught an SAT math prep course at the same church between 2004 and 2009. My subject expertise includes Pre-Calculus, Geometry, Trigonometry, Algebra I and II, College Algebra, Finite Math, and standardized test preparation. Students regularly request my services when preparing for the math sections of the ASVAB, SAT, PSAT, ACT, GED, GRE, GMAT, HSA, and MSA exams. I have successfully worked with students from ages 6 to 60.
MY GENERAL TUTORING HOURS:
* Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday: 7:30 PM - 10:00 PM.
* Wednesday: 9:30 PM
* Friday: 8:30 PM
* Saturday: 9 AM - 10 PM
* Sunday: 1:30 PM - 8:30 PM
REGULAR OPEN SLOTS:
Saturdays: 9 PM
CANCELLATION SLOTS AVAILABLE:
Cancellations vary and change daily (Usually occur on weekends). Contact me for details
PREFERRED TUTORING LOCATIONS:
Wegman's Cafe (Woodmore Town Center);
Local public Libraries in Largo, Bowie. New Carrollton, Greenbelt, etc.
Private residence within 15 mile radius of Bowie (someone 18 or over must be home)... in home tutoring is generally available for the first or last scheduled sessions of the day. The location of slots before and after open slots dictate location of sessions for open slots.
WHAT YOU SHOULD EXPECT FROM ME:
- Though I am certified for several subjects, I only tutor math subjects.
- Someone who is patient, honest, intelligent, prompt, fair, and friendly. Someone who is all about business, and not interested in wasting anyone's time or money.
- Someone who genuinely cares about his students, and is willing to do all he can to help his students succeed.
- Someone who will provide free links online to support the lessons covered, and any weaknesses of the student discovered during sessions.
- Student's math knowledge and reasoning skills will be noticeably improved, if they are committed to listening and learning from me.
- If presented with a problem that I cannot work immediately, I will take it home with me to work on my own time, and will email results to you.
- Someone who cares deeply about helping your child succeed, even in situations where it is obvious that your child is being tutored only because the parent is forcing the issue.
- If I sense that a parent's child does not want my help and is not willing to do his or her part in improving, I will let you know whether I believe you are wasting money.
- Excellent customer service. If you are pleased with my services, hopefully in return, you will refer me to others who might need similar services.
WHAT YOU SHOULD NOT EXPECT FROM ME:
- Your child's grade will not improve from "E" to "A" overnight.
- A miracle. If your child has failed for most of the school term, you are deceived if you think that a couple of hours of tutoring on the day before the final will produce an "A" on the final exam.
- To work with clients who are (1) late often, (2) provide little or no notice when canceling, (3) cancel repeatedly, or (4) ignore and/or don't respond to text messages asking for confirmation of scheduled sessions
- Payment arrangements outside of WyzAnt policy restrictions. All payments MUST go through WyzAnt.
- In-home tutoring when no one 18 or older is home.
- In-home tutoring outside my travel radius.
- To figure out how to use your calculator when you have no instruction manual.
- To tutor a person who is disrespectful, rude, lazy, or has made it clear that my help is not desired.
WHAT I EXPECT FROM YOU:
- Please be on time for scheduled sessions.
- 1 hour is the minimal session length billed.
WHEN CANCELING... Please notify me via text message at least 12 hours in advance.
- Please expect to be billed for ALL cancellations occurring within 12 hours of scheduled start time of the session
- Please do not waste my time, else you will be looking for another tutor.
- Please be honest, respectful, and fair in your ratings and reviews. I am NOT at fault if your child does not practice working problems nor follow the guidelines or advice I provide.
- Please provide suggestions on how I can serve you better.
- Please note that if you develop a pattern of repeated cancellations of your appointments, you do this at the risk of losing your reserved slot. I reserve the right to take back slots from those clients who cancel repeatedly.
- Please don't get angry because you were billed for canceling within the 12-hour penalty window.
- If you have had 10 sessions or more, a feedback review is requested in order to continue services.
- Please promptly return all books borrowed from me (they are loans, not gifts).
- I expect a text message from you by midnight (the night before your scheduled session) to confirm our meeting the next day.
- Please have payment info on file before requesting to meet. WyzAnt requires this, without exception.
MY ADVICE TO YOU:
Don't wait too late to look for help when needed. Read all reviews and ratings for the tutor you are considering hiring. Consider the tutor's experience, reviews, and ratings, as well as price. If you see a slot posted that works for you, don't procrastinate on securing it, else it may not be available later.
back to top