"Mathematician on a Mission."
An alumnus of Tougaloo College (Mississippi), where I majored in Mathematics/Computer Science, I graduated with a 3.89 cumulative GPA (summa cum laude, class valedictorian). During high school, I scored in the 97th percentile on the military ASVAB exam. I tutored math in college for 3 years. From 2003 to 2009, I have voluntarily tutored students at a local Baptist church in Maryland. Also, I have voluntarily taught an SAT math prep course at the same church between 2004 and 2009. Students regularly request my services when preparing for the math sections of the ASVAB, SAT, PSAT, ACT, GED, GRE, GMAT, HSA, and MSA exams. I have successfully worked with students from ages 6 to 60. The number of years that I have voluntarily tutored for free should say a lot about my love for people and for the math subject in general. I eventually plan to obtain a master's degree in teacher education and a teacher's license.
MY GENERAL AVAILABILITY:
Monday through Thursday: 7:30 PM - 10:00 PM.
Saturday: 10:00 AM - 9:30 PM.
Sunday: 2:00 PM - 8:00 PM.
NOTE: Always available to assist you with online exams, with 24 hours prior notice.
All regular slots are FULL ... EXCEPT for the following:
Mondays @ 9 pm
Cancellations occur frequently. If your schedule is flexible, there will be opportunities for sessions via cancellations. You MUST have payment credentials on file to be added to waiting list.
PREFERRED TUTORING LOCATIONS:
Bowie Target-Starbucks; Bowie Barnes and Noble; Wegman's Cafe;
Local public Libraries... Largo, Bowie. New Carrollton, Greenbelt, etc.
Private residence within 15 mile radius of Bowie (someone 18 or over must be home)... not generally an option on weekends, UNLESS it is the first or last scheduled session of the day.
WHAT YOU SHOULD EXPECT FROM ME:
- Though I am certified for several subjects, I only tutor math subjects.
- Someone who is patient, honest, intelligent, prompt, fair, and friendly. Someone who is all about business, and not interested in wasting anyone's time or money.
- Someone who genuinely cares about his students, and is willing to do all he can to help his students succeed.
- Someone who will provide free links online to support the lessons covered, and any weaknesses of the student discovered during sessions.
- Student's math knowledge and reasoning skills will be noticeably improved, if they are committed to listening and learning from me.
- If presented with a problem that I cannot work immediately, I will take it home with me to work on my own time, and will email results to you.
- Someone who cares deeply about helping your child succeed, even in situations where it is obvious that your child is being tutored only because the parent is forcing the issue.
- If I sense that a parent's child does not want my help and is not willing to do his or her part in improving, I will let you know whether I believe you are wasting money.
- Excellent customer service is the key to establishing a long list of clients who would solicit my services for future needs. Should you provide me with an opportunity to serve you, please know that I will do my best to go above and beyond your expectations. If you are pleased with my services, hopefully in return, you will refer me to others who might need similar services.
- I try to offer all my students some occasional bonus time, in appreciation for choosing me from among the long list of tutors available. Note that this is "occasional" bonus time... It will be offered at my discretion as time, schedule, and workload permit. Please do not assume or expect to receive bonus time for any nor every session.
WHAT YOU SHOULD NOT EXPECT FROM ME:
- Your child's grade will not improve from "E" to "A" overnight.
- A miracle. If your child has failed for several consecutive months, you are deceived if you think that a couple of hours of tutoring on the day before the final will produce an "A" on the final exam.
- A slot to be continuously held for you regularly, when you cancel repeatedly.
- In home tutoring when no one 18 or older is home.
WHAT I EXPECT FROM YOU:
- Please be on time for scheduled sessions.
- 1 hour is the minimal session length billed.
WHEN CANCELLING ... Please notify me via EMAIL AND PHONE.
- Please expect to be billed for ALL cancellations occurring within 12 hours of scheduled start time of the session
- Please do not request that a slot be held for you, unless you definitely plan to use it. You would not want me to waste your time, so please, please do not waste my time.
- Please be honest, respectful, and fair in your ratings and reviews. I am NOT at fault if your child does not practice working problems nor follow the guidelines or advice I provide.
- Please provide suggestions on how I can serve you better.
- Please note that if you develop a pattern of repeated cancellations of your appointments, you do this at the risk of losing your reserved slot. I reserve the right to take back slots from those clients who cancel repeatedly.
- Please don't get angry because you were billed for cancelling within the penalty window.
- All payments are processed through WyzAnt... no exceptions.
- Please have payment info on file before requesting to meet. WyzAnt requires this, without exception.
MY ADVICE TO YOU:
When deciding on any tutor, you should check that tutor's "Tutoring Subjects" tab to verify the tutor is certified for your subject. From the "Tutoring Subjects" tab, all the tutor's "certified" subjects will appear in bold text. Also, pay attention to the tutor's experience, reviews, and ratings.
back to top