Jeannine’s current tutoring subjects are listed at the left. You
can read more about
Jeannine’s qualifications in specific subjects below.
ESL Teacher and Tutor from 2011-present for several international language schools.
• Teach English to international students in the form of Integrated Skills and Active Listening classes. This includes all skills, especially grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
• Teach Academic Writing skills to all levels of English-language learners.
• Tutor one-on-one by request.
ESOL Tutor 2008 – 2011
• Create and amend lessons for students that address among other things, listening comprehension, speaking and pronunciation, reading and writing of English.
• Answer and explain any questions students may have about English vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar, and syntax.
• Tutor individual students on skills required for job training and preparedness and education, including job-specific vocabulary and pre-admission tests.
Although the world and it's descriptions change every day, that doesn't mean we can't get to know how and why those changes take place. I'll help you with your spelling and pronunciation of new and old countries, get to know when and why they changed, and help you remember where they're near and why they're there!
I have taught and tutored grammar for 4 years and enjoy creating new and interesting ways for students to learn.
I am currently and English teacher to speakers of other languages, but I also am adept at literature review and interpretation as I enjoy creative writing as a hobby.
I have completed a Foundations of Linguistics course. I am very familiar with phonics, phonemes,morphemes, and word roots, as I teach and tutor ESL students.
I have taught and tutored in reading for 4 years and enjoy helping students learn how to read and understand multiple genres.
I have many tricks in helping your student get the hang of correct spelling due to my background in English in writing. It's actually one of my favorite subjects!
If you have trouble remembering word roots, suffixes, prefixes, or just the difference between magnanimous and ignominious, I can help you! Whether we're reading Dr. Seuss or Dickens, we'll figure out the best ways to remember and begin to use vocabulary so you won't feel like you're struggling when reading, writing, or even testing.
I have experience teaching academic and essay writing to learners at many different levels. I also enjoy helping beginning writers learn new and creative ways of expressing themselves in the creative writing genre.