Melissa M. passed a background check on 3/20/12. The check was ordered by Melissa through First Advantage. For more information, please review the background check information page.
After sending a message to Melissa, you will be able to order a new background check for $7.99. As part of your tutor selection process, we encourage you to run updated background checks. Please also review the safety tips for hiring tutors.
EDUCATION: BA in Psychology: Keene State CollegeMay 2004
Concentration: Developmental PsychologyGPA: 3.3
Master’s of Education: Cambridge College January 2007
Concentration: Elementary EducationGPA: 3.8
TEACHER CERTIFICATIONS: State of Massachusetts
Elementary 1-6 Initial Lic. # 434472
Early Childhood (Centers) Certificate# 9546373
Long-term Substitute Teacher
- 6th grade, (Math/Science), Comprehensive Grammar School, Methuen, MA (11/2008)
- 6th grade, (Science and Reading) Timberlane Middle School, Plaistow, NH (1/28 – 2/22/2008)
- 6th grade, (Math/Science/Language Arts) Comprehensive Grammar School, Methuen, MA (3/2006-6/2006)
- 7th grade, (Geography) Tenney Grammar School, Methuen, MA (9, 11/2005).
- 6th grade, (Mathematics and Science) Comprehensive Grammar School, Methuen, MA (11/2004-1/2005)
•Carried out all of the roles and responsibilities of a regular education teacher including: planning and teaching lessons; disciplining and assessing students; collaborating with grade level team; attending parental and guidance meetings, as well as performing other duties requested by administration.
- PDD K-2 Special Education Extended Year Program, Methuen Public Schools (7/11/11-8/18/11)
- Grade 5 Inclusion Classroom, Andover Public Schools (9/2010-6/2011)
- Kindergarten Special Education Extended Year Program, Amesbury Public Schools (7/2010)
- Long-Term Substitute, Language Intervention Classroom, Methuen Public Schools (2, 6/2005)
•Provided support services to students on Individual Education Plans and 504 Plans as well as other students in the classroom.
- Substitute Teacher, Andover and Methuen, MA School Districts (12/2011-present)
- Merrimack Valley Jewish Coalition for Literacy, South Elementary School, Andover, MA (12/2010-06/2011)
- Club Z! In Home Tutoring Services, (Math and English Language Arts), Methuen and Haverhill, MA School Districts (3/2010-present)
•Created and worked on a Student Learning Plan to improve students’ skills with specific concepts at the elementary grade levels.
- Discovery Club Teacher, (Math/Arts and Crafts) Haverhill Public Schools, Haverhill, MA (11/2008-5/2009)
•Worked with students in an after school program, specifically at the middle school level to improve Mathematics MCAS scores in an after school program. Additional time spent working with students to create personal scrapbooks.
- Elementary and Middle School Substitute Teacher, Towns of Methuen, MA; North Andover, MA; Timberlane Regional School District, NH (12/2004-6/2010)
- 5th grade Student Teacher, (All Content Areas) Barron Elementary School, Salem, NH (9, 12/2006)
Your first hour with any tutor is protected by our Good Fit Guarantee: You don’t pay for tutoring unless you find a good fit!
Usually responds after +3 days
Send Melissa a message explaining your needs and you will receive a response by email. Have you already emailed Melissa or another tutor? If so, you have an account! Sign in now
If selected, WyzAnt will ask interested tutors to contact you by email if they are able to help. A maximum of five different tutors will email you and none of your personal information, including your email address, will be released.