Hello, my name is William Park and I want to be your tutor! Let me tell you why you want me as your tutor:
1. I LOVE MATH! I have a passion for problem solving and hope to be able to show others the joy in being able to solve math problems.
2. I am a teacher! I currently teach Algebra 1 to 7th through 12th graders in a public urban school.
3. I have tutored before! While working on my B.S. in Mathematics at Framingham State I was a peer tutor as well as a teaching assistant for a college algebra class.
4. I have years of experience working with children. Before getting my teaching license I worked for a wilderness counseling program for 8 years, a summer camp for 4 summers, a group home for students with developmental disorders for 3 years, as well as for nature classroom for a season.
5. I am clear with my approach to math problems. I pride myself in being able to clearly explain how to do math problems. I always use the correct language and will always encourage students to be precise with their language as well. I am also articulate and will always be able to explain every step of a problem, no hand waving or saying "you know what I mean".
I feel that my passion and experience combined give me all the tools necessary to help other succeed.
If you have any questions for me, please take the time to send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live it's whole life believing that it is stupid" -Albert Einstein
back to top