Alissa W. has not yet had a background check. After sending a message to Alissa, you will be able to order a background check for $7.99. The check will be processed by First Advantage. For more information, please review the background check information page.
As part of your tutor selection process, we encourage you to run updated background checks. Please also review the safety tips for hiring tutors.
I have been tutoring students k-8 for over 5 years. Throughout college, I worked as a consultant in our campus writing center. I am have my TEFL (Teach English as a Foreign Language) certification. I interned at an education center, where I spent about 10 hours a week working directly with students. Teaching and learning are passions I continue to cultivate in any way I can. I hope to provide as much educational support to the Chicago student population as possible.
Experience tutoring elementary math - 5 years
- 4 years in after school programs in rural MO, tutoring students K-8
- 1 year at 826CHI, an educational non-profit, tutoring K-8
Experienced Reading Tutor - 8 years
- 3 years in high school, tutoring reading to peers and youth
- 4 years in college, tutoring in after school programs to K-8
- 1 year in college, intensive literary skills at campus Writing Center (consulting with peers)
- 1 year at 826CHI (an educational, writing-focused, non-profit), tutoring K-8
Your first hour with any tutor is protected by our Good Fit Guarantee: You don’t pay for tutoring unless you find a good fit!
Usually responds in about 2 days
Send Alissa a message explaining your needs and you will receive a response by email. Have you already emailed Alissa or another tutor? If so, you have an account! Sign in now
If selected, WyzAnt will ask interested tutors to contact you by email if they are able to help. A maximum of five different tutors will email you and none of your personal information, including your email address, will be released.