I'm a teacher. I think that's the most important thing I can say. I work in a 4-6 building and I teach 4th grade. I really LOVE my job and I enjoy seeing my students grow and achieve things they didn't think were possible! I'm so lucky to have the opportunity to work where I do. Nothing is more meaningful to me than making a difference in the life of a child!
In selecting me for your child, you are getting:
- 7 years of teaching experience
- A firm understanding of what mom's like to call "New Math"
- An instructor with a SERIOUS love of books and reading (that I can usually get my students to embrace as well)
- Insight into the Common Core Curriculum that will be coming to Illinois in 2013 (yes... we're planning now!)
- Creativity and fun with our lessons! (Your child will never dread "tutoring time")
When I was a child, I struggled with Math. My mom, like you, hired a tutor for me. She turned into my mentor, tutor, confidant, and friend. Now, as an adult, she is my best friend and we work together in the same school!
I understand how it feels to struggle - but I also understand what it's like on "the other side" of that struggle and I want to give that to your child!
back to top