Denis S. has not yet had a background check. After sending a message to Denis, you will be able to order a background check for $7.99. The check will be processed by First Advantage. For more information, please review the background check information page.
As part of your tutor selection process, we encourage you to run updated background checks. Please also review the safety tips for hiring tutors.
I have been a Teacher of English as Foreign Language and a Teacher Trainer for 10 years. I'm originally from the Chicago area, I taught in Poland, Ukraine, Russian and the Czech Republic.
I am C.E.L.T.A. certified and believe in giving 400% to my students.
My teaching style focuses mostly on speaking in today's high tech world. Spelling and grammar are something that can be checked by Word. I do bring a lot of things to the classroom such as movies, music and even use YouTube to help engage the student in detailed conversations. I try to teach my students like I would like to be taught. I treat my students like my friends I feel that this is the best way to build rapport and get the student comfortable speaking with me. I do focus on error correction and believe that the student can and wants to do better so I strive for 100% error correction.
I'm certified in English Language Teaching to Adults.
I have over 10 years of ESL experience, I have taught in Poland (3 years), Czech Rep. (over the summers), Ukraine (5 Years) and Russia (2 Years).
The best way to improve your English speaking and writing skills is to take lessons from an experienced ESL English Tutor.
- Tutoring sessions provide great opportunities for you to improve your speaking skills, chat spontaneously and become more fluent. For a good investment in both time and money.
- Meet for lessons at a library or your home.
- Lessons are then tailored to your individual goals. Including grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, conversation and practice presentation. You get immediate feedback to practice improvements. So you can identify common errors and correct them. Plus practice new material. You can also bring your own study materials too. So you can focus on work you are already working on. The lesson formats will help you achieve your career and educational goals too.
- Lessons can also include practical theory. Including word roots, related words, prefixes, suffixes and idioms. To help you expand your functional vocabulary and useful range of expression. This also includes diagramming how the different tenses are constructed. To help you readily switch between different tenses and constructions.
- Lessons can also focus on specialized subject matter. Including writing and academics. Such as science, history and geography. Plus business subjects too. So you can practice your English by talking about subjects you already know. Plus get practice to be able to quickly chat about subjects you have just read about or talked about.
- Additionally lessons can also focus on pronunciation. Where small changes that are not necessarily so difficult can fairly quickly lead to great improvements in your speaking ability. And help make it clear that your English is highly fluent.
Individual tutoring is the fast track to improving your English. Full Steam Ahead.
I lived in Russia and Ukraine for 7 years, and my understanding of Russian culture is vast. I can also teach survival Russian and cut down on the amount of culture shock.
Your first hour with any tutor is protected by our Good Fit Guarantee: You don’t pay for tutoring unless you find a good fit!
Send Denis a message explaining your needs and you will receive a response by email. Have you already emailed Denis or another tutor? If so, you have an account! Sign in now
If selected, WyzAnt will ask interested tutors to contact you by email if they are able to help. A maximum of five different tutors will email you and none of your personal information, including your email address, will be released.