What is your learning style? While I tutor in many subjects, (my specialties are math, computers and science), I work with your learning style to help you achieve success in the subject(s) needed. It’s also very important to incorporate creativity and make learning fun and empowering!
Key points for you to know:
• I am an Illinois certified teacher, grades 6–12, with endorsements in Middle School, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Computers. My substitute teaching experience spans Preschool through grade 12. College teaching experience as an adjunct faculty member includes mathematics, computer science and telecommunications courses.
• Since 1990, I've been teaching and tutoring students from Preschool age through senior citizens.
• Each student's learning needs are uniquely theirs, including learning issues such as ADD and ADHD. By adapting to the individual student’s needs and working together as a team, we work through concepts and applications of concepts. We start with questions from homework, quizzes and exams to review what was not understood.
• I ask students questions to enable them to discover answers on their own which boosts motivation and self esteem. All of my students have seen improvements within their first two weeks of tutoring.
• I require a two-hour minimum to come to your home/neighborhood. Please contact me so we can discuss how to help you achieve your goals. I am here to help turnaround your academic performance to a successful experience!
Thank you for your interest in my services as a tutor. I look forward to meeting you soon!
back to top