Romeo holds a current State Teacher Certification from the State of Illinois to expire 06-30-2015. Prior to approval of the Illinois Teacher Certification, the required background and fingerprint checks were conducted by the state of Illinois.
Romeo is a dynamic, competent and experienced public speaking
coach brings a wealth of experience into dynamic tutoring role:
* active member of Toastmasters International since 1985; Toastmasters clubs worldwide develop members' public speaking and leadership skills via regular meetings monthly; speech
contest winner multiple times; active speech evaluator & coach
* Instructor, Christopher Leadership Program, which teaches high-energy public speaking and servant-leadership for adults and youth in a fun, dynamic and nurturing environment
* M.A. in Human Resource Dev. (Instructional/Training Design)
* experienced in corporate training
and facilitation (telemarketing sales training & customer service)
* coaches own church pastors (senior & associate pastor) on sermon organization
* coached daughter, who was a top-notch speech team participant(high school and college) and top-notch mock trial participant (high school), daughter won multiple awards for speech team and mock trial at regional and national levels
* tutoring methods are described as positive, nurturing and encouraging; builds student's strengths and enhances other critical areas; can tape student's practice speech & provide additonal coaching while student watches taped speech
* easily accessible at all times via cellphone; highly flexible schedule; will direct student to variety of effective speaking resources
* takes a deep personal interest in the success of the student
* coaching public speaking is not just a "job": it's my unique life mission; unique life mission was discovered after public speaking has transformed me, and my daughter, into more confident individuals via the dynamic arena of public speaking
Tutors have the ability to create educational resources and share them with the WyzAnt community.
Here are some of the resources created by Romeo.
View all of Romeo’s resources
As we celebrate the birthday of noted Civil Rights leader—Dr. Martin Luther King in January, 2012—it is fitting we look at the speaking techniques that made him one of the greatest speakers of all time.
Because these tend to overlap, I'll focus on two (2) inter-related elements:
1. powerful use of metaphor
2. eloquent language
Regarding the use of metaphor, the American Civil Rights...
Why organize your speech?
If your speech is organized, you help your audience understand, follow and remember the main ideas of your speech.
Conversely, a disorganized speech quickly frustrates your audience—causing them to immediately tune you out early. Thus, they will hardly remember the main ideas you are trying to convey—and you will have simply wasted your time.
Many speakers do not explain how their speech topic is personally relevant to the interests of their audience and listeners.
The great thing is that most can be made relevant—or more relevant— to the personal interests of the audience.
Let's make this Introduction more relevant to the audience.
In 2009, approximately 11K innocent victims were killed due to drunk driving...