Möchten Sie Ihre Deutschkenntnisse verbessern? Or perhaps you're a complete beginner who wants to learn German from the ground up? At whatever level you're on, for whatever reason you have, I can help!
As an experienced instructor of German at all levels, from absolutely no prior knowledge of German to advanced speakers, I can help you! My experience includes:
1. Currently teaching all undergraduate German classes for a mid-sized private college.
2. Independently teaching 11 German classes, regular and intensive, from beginning to intermediate levels, at a large public university.
3. Independently teaching 2 German classes, regular and intensive, on the beginning level, at a mid-sized private college.
4. Independently teaching 2 German classes on a conversational level at a large community college.
5. Individualized corporate language training for executives and their families relocating to Germany through a global relocation management company.
6. Private corporate language training for German-owned American businesses.
7. Individualized German and ESL teaching, regular and intensive, for an international language center.
8. One-on-one tutoring in German through a mid-sized private college.
9. One-on-one private tutoring in German for heritage speakers, children, business, and travel purposes.
I also have extensive experience and training in German curriculum development, level assessment, and teaching methods. I tailor my lessons to best suit each individual (or group), taking into account prior knowledge, learning styles, learning goals, and available time frames. I can guarantee you that as long as your goal is realistic, with me you will be able to realize it!
As a part-time university instructor of German and full-time independent German language trainer, I have a very flexible schedule and am willing to travel up to 30 miles outside of Chicago city limits. I can come to your home or office, we can meet in a public place like a coffee shop or library, or even hold sessions online. I can provide references, course evaluations, or anything else you'd like.
A bit more about me: In addition to my extensive experience in German teaching, I am both bilingual and bicultural, having spent half of my life in Germany and half in the United States. My Bachelor's degree is in German, and I am a thesis away from a Master's degree in Germanic Studies. One of my greatest joys is teaching, and I truly love the German language and culture. I also have a really fat cat.
back to top