I am a growth-minded, roll-up-the-sleeves, customer-centric Business
executive with over 15 years worth of successes in improving corporate performance and value via change management, marketing and operations. I am an integrated marketing evangelist and diplomatic change manager with proven consumer and B2B marketing and sales results. My positions have been with Fortune 100, private equity and non-profit organizations in the telecommunications and higher education fields.
I have a vast and successful track record of improving results by increasing sales, developing products and markets, and managing significant cost reductions with organizations including Golden Key International Honour Society, Comcast Corporation, Verizon Wireless and Suddenlink. I have had full P&L accountability throughout the past fifteen years and has managed staff and vendors locally and globally. My collaborative management style has significantly added to my success. As a poster child for adult non-traditional higher educations, I attained the position of Chief Marketing Officer prior to graduating with a Bachelor of Science
in Marketing Management in 2009. I have since hung a MBA in Management & Strategy degree on the wall. In fact, I used Wyzant tutors from time to time, so am very familiar with using this invaluable service.
• Discover what customers want.
• Drive branding, strategy, tactics, tracking, ROI.
hands-on where necessary.
• Leverage significant professional network and extensive business expertise.
Examples of Success:
- Over $1,200,000 lift in core product year to year revenues during the height of the 2008 recession following a years-long decline – a 22% increase during this recession – while decreasing annual related costs by over $500,000.
- Streamlined pricing, campaigns and offerings to aggressively win and retain more customers from very strong, deep pocketed competitors.
- More than doubled direct sales performance and exceeded budgeted gains across all managed product lines.
- Generated 18% direct marketing response and locked in $3,000,000 in annual at-risk revenues.
Inspiring and leading teams to develop breakthrough campaigns, which increases customer demand and adds significantly to the bottom line.
My experience has honed the following development know-how:
• Execution - regularly delivering to fixed time schedules against all odds.
• Experimentation - relentless and effective testing to determine the best tactics.
• Expressive clarity - strategic development plans.
• Management - optimizing people and finances to meet objectives.
• Strategic Alliances - seeking out the best vendors for a particular promotion.
• Budget maximization - for effective use of finite resources.
• Leadership - of centralized and decentralized teams ranging from 5 - 25 people across regions and internationally.
Along with professional involvement in the American Marketing Association, Direct Marketing Association and CTAM - Cable Television and Telecom Marketing Association, I have been active in numerous volunteer activities, including the 1988 Calgary Olympic Winter Games where I helped ensure telecom and video systems continued to broadcast from several venues, Rotary International, and Canadian community television. Born in Canada and a naturalized US Citizen, I have traveled extensively around the globe for both business and pleasure, and have had my passport stamped in places including Sweden, the UK, Russia, Ukraine, Norway, The Netherlands and Germany.