- 2x Decorated Americorps Alumni
- Recognized by Secretary of State (Then Senator) John Kerry, former Congressman John Olver, multiple Massachusetts State Senators, and former Town of Greenfield Mayor Christine Forgey for youth work and community service in Western Massachusetts.
- 10+ years as an educator, scientist, and technologist.
- International teaching & tutoring experience in Bermuda, Trinidad, Kenya, Barbados, and Korea.
- Author of 7 Books and counting.
Gary B. is neither a pure academic, nor a pure pragmatist. Instead, Booker's subject matter expertise comes from academic training, self-learning, and real world professional experience. Gary B.'s teaching philosophy is based upon the following tenets:
1. Encouragement: Motivation is the most important part of getting anything done.
2. Rigor: Muscles come from push-ups. Learning should be challenging in order to be meaningful.
3. Patience: Both the educator and the student must be patient. The educator must show patience toward the student and encourage patience from the student.
4. Practice: Mastery is achieved through practice. The educator must provide both lessons & rigorous practice to the student.
back to top