Steven M. passed a background check on 1/18/12. The check was ordered by Steven through First Advantage. For more information, please review the background check information page.
After sending a message to Steven, you will be able to order a new background check for $7.99. As part of your tutor selection process, we encourage you to run updated background checks. Please also review the safety tips for hiring tutors.
My name is Steven, and since graduating from college I have enjoyed working in various student programs both in local schools and in my own church student department.
Because I was raised in a bilingual household, I am able to teach and explain the Spanish language in a natural, easy-to-understand manner.
In high school and college, I excelled in both math and science classes. During my college career, I completed several advanced mathematics classes up to Calculus 3.
As a successful high school and college athlete, I acquired coaching and physical education training skills which I have used from a fairly young age to help young people develop their abilities in their areas of athletics.
I truly enjoy helping young people to learn and achieve in their chosen fields of study or interest. I believe that my work with students in the past thirteen years has given me the ability to relate well and communicate effectively with children and teenagers. I look forward to meeting your student and realizing the possibilities of what we may accomplish together!
I will be offering private basketball lessons during the summer months. Please contact me early so that I can arrange gym times for our lessons.
Track Record for 2013
Worked with 34 students this past semester in subjects including Spanish, ESL, SAT(math), Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Coord. Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus, Physics, Physical Science, Chemistry and Biology.
*Noteworthy News (2013)- Started with a struggling Algebra student in November and three months of lessons he won the Math student of the month award at a Forsyth County High School and has been used as a student teacher by a couple teachers at the school.
Track Record for 2012
1. Increased 6th grade math assessment test from 46 to 92. Has earned perfect scores on his last two tests.
2. Math 2 student - letter grade increased from D to B plus with two months left to earn an A.
3. 8th grade science - letter grade increased from D to B.
4. Chemistry and Spanish student - letter grade increased from F to B minus in Chemistry. He scored two grades higher than the class average on his Spanish final.
5. Math 2 student - letter grade increased from low C to B.
6. Senior ACT Math prep.
7. Chemistry student - received an 84 percent on his test after first lesson, which was one out of a few passing grades of the semester.
8. Physics student - helped a student earn A's and B's when he had been nearly failing.
9. Spanish 1 student -diagnosed ADD - has passed EVERY quiz and test since we started lessons. He had been failing every test prior to our lessons.
10. Chemistry and Math 2 student - raised her grades significantly after we started our lessons.
11. Chemistry and Trig. student - ended the year scoring much higher on his tests than he did prior to our lessons.
12. Junior SAT Math prep.
13. Spanish students - 7 and 9 year old children learning Spanish to communicate with relatives. They have completed three semesters of lessons so far, and they are working on a skit to present to their family in the fall.
14. Spanish II and Biology student - prepared student for his finals. He passed each one!
15. Math SAT student - summer preparations for fall SAT exam.
16. Spanish III student - summer workshops to prepare student for Spanish III.
17. Organic Chemistry student - summer preparations for Organic Chemistry course in the fall. Student has Aced every quiz so far.
18. Basketball student - basketball workshops during the summer to prepare for 8th grade basketball team.
19. Spanish III student - urgent need - summer student needed to finish one year worth of Spanish in one week. He completed his course work and exams with an A and took a cumulative final and passed with a D.
20. Accelerated Math II student - summer preparation for advancement test. Student passed his test and was placed into the Accelerated Math II class.
Track Record for 2011
1. Home school for a Junior in High School - Finished 75 percent of his year in 3 months. Completed year with all A's and B's except for one incomplete class in which he received a C because he didn't have time to complete the class.
2. Spanish 3 student - Letter grade went from a D to a B.
3. World History student - Letter grade went up from a low C to a B.
4. College Algebra student - helped pass her final.
5. Math 2 student - Letter grade went from a D to a solid B.
6. Elementary Spanish students - taught a one hour class for two elementary students.
7. Chemistry student - Midterm test preparation.
8. 8th grade Spanish student - Final test preparation.
Over the last five years of being a Youth Pastor at my church. One of the jobs that I have carried has been to design cards, banners and special tracts for various occasions.
I have used Photoshop in several college projects in the past and I also have been offered part time work in a graphics design shop after they did some of our printing.
If your looking for some Photoshop help you've come to the right place!
I've played basketball for 20 years. Since third grade in my elementary years I was fortunate to play on special club teams and all-star games. In high school I had some really good coaches who taught me the fundamentals of the motion offense. In particular, Coach Howard (who was the assistant coach of Arizona State when Byron Scott played for them) taught me a great deal. As a senior, I made the all conference team in the central valley league in California. In college, I played for a private college and I was second in the nation in the assist category.
Through the years, I have been able to coach young kids from ages 10 and up. I have also officiated many games up to the high school level. I believe I can teach players to improve their skills and understand the concepts of basketball to be able to play an important role on any team of which they are members.
Math Oracle — Steven has been a tutor for our family for quite some time now and has been excellent. He picks up the fragments of what I learn in school and puts them together for me. Steven has tutored my brother for some of his high school career and I am happy to report that he is enjoying college at Georgia Tech. Steven is very patient and understanding with me and adapts to my learning style. Many of the p ...
Your first hour with any tutor is protected by our Good Fit Guarantee: You don’t pay for tutoring unless you find a good fit!
Usually responds in about 3 hours
Send Steven a message explaining your needs and you will receive a response by email. Have you already emailed Steven or another tutor? If so, you have an account! Sign in now
If selected, WyzAnt will ask interested tutors to contact you by email if they are able to help. A maximum of five different tutors will email you and none of your personal information, including your email address, will be released.