My name is Professor Tadman. I want to take a quick moment to thank you for your time and for considering me as someone who might be able to help you learn more about a given topic you are struggling with or just want to learn more about in a formal and structured setting.
I currently work as an Adjunct History Professor for a local university here in South Florida and am able to help students in in a number of academic areas regardless of your age or level of education...
- Study Skills
High School Courses:
- World History
- U.S. History
- American Government and/or Civics
- Social Studies
- SAT Reading & Writing
College-Level Courses and Topical Instruction:
- Academic Writing
- Thesis Research, Writing, and Defense
- Course Organization and Homework Completion Skills
- Test Preparation
- Western Civilization I
- Western Civilization II
- U.S. History Survey I (Global Perspective)
- U.S. History Survey II (Global Perspective)
- U.S. Diplomatic Relations History Survey
- American Revolution
- American Civil War
- French Revolution
- Soviet Union (1917-1945)
- Nazi Germany
- Korean War
- Vietnam War
- Soviet-Afghanistan War
- Cold War
- Civil Rights Movement in the United States
- U.S. Foreign-Policy in the Middle East (19th and 20th century)
- U.S. Foreign-Policy in Southwest Asia (20th century)
- U.S. Foreign-Policy during the Soviet-Afghanistan War
- U.S. involvement in 1953 Iran Coup over Mohammad Mossadeq
- U.S. intelligence and espionage historical operations
- Terrorism Studies
Once we have connected through the Wyzant Tutoring system...I will want to get to know you a little bit in an effort to gauge your existing knowledge level on the chosen topic so that I can determine a place for us to start and what tutoring methods will work best with you personally.
How do you learn best...???
If you have never considered or asked yourself this question -- please do so as I will ask it of you once we connect in trying to tailor my methods around your optimal learning modalities!
As we go, I will also share a little bit about myself with you in an effort to show you that I am very much invested in your topical learning, academic growth, and overall educational pursuits. The more you share with me in regards to what you want to know about your chosen topic and/or how you can achieve your overall academic and career goals...the more I can help you do so...!!!
In regards to the various methods available....you can expect to take part in as many as possible to include, but not limited to:
- I will want to uncover the 'Learning Objectives' of the course you are taking if applicable in an effort to focus my instruction on helping you meet these goals in knowing that tests and quizzes are often drawn from here
- I will briefly lecture about a given sub-topic(s) within larger subject matter in order to uncover the granular details so that we can discuss their ramifications and the impact they have on whatever your studying
- Q & A sessions will take place as needed in that both of us will play a role in asking questions...just as you likely will have some...I will also ask you 'layered' questions as well to uncover any granular details once again that might be important for you to know
- I will ask you the question..."Why is that important...or what does that mean...within a broader context to what we're discussing..??".......over and over and over again in an effort to develop and cultivate your critical thinking skills
How are your critical thinking skills...?? And how do you arrive at your conclusions to something academically or otherwise...???
Again...if you have never asked yourself these questions...please do so!
- I will also make a concerted effort to connect the topic or sub-topic under study to aspects of your life now or in the past as I am a firm believer that people retain and comprehend information on a much deeper level if they can relate or compare it to something in their own lives.
- If the topic is History...we will discuss contemporary events and the history behind them
- If the topic is Political Science, American Government, or Civics, etc....we will discuss the history of the individuals in power, their policies and consequences of such, opposing views, as well as the overall larger political parties involved in the process so that you have a broad understanding of your topic
- If the topic is Geography...we will discuss the history of territorial demarcation and how it was determined
Have you ever read or heard about the story behind how the European states' territorial lines were drawn up following the end of World War I...??? We will likely never know if the reported story is true or not, but either way, it's still quite interesting that this could be the case!
- Eventually I will ask you to 'teach' me the material that you are responsible for learning in an effort to help you determine on your own...whether or not you can actually regurgitate the information your studying onto a test or quiz your taking.
(Once you can do this....you've got it!)
- I will also test and quiz you on the 'Learning Objectives' once we have had time to adequately address them in your learning of the overall material
- Lastly, I will provide with resources that you can use or go to online that will help you become a master of your topic all by yourself...although I'm more than happy to help you as well...!!!
So again...thank you for your time and for considering me as someone who may be able to help you accomplish your academic and/or career goals!
back to top