I LOVE math, and I'm not afraid to say it! I hope that I can pass some of that feeling on to you as I help you figure out what you've been missing!
There are many good reasons to choose me as your math tutor:
• I am a previous student of AP Calculus (AB & BC), Physics, Chemistry, and Computer Science, scoring 5's on all 5 exams, so you know I am detail oriented and focused.
• I can watch HOW you perform a problem, figure out WHY you are having difficulty with it, and then attack the source of the difficulty.
• I have a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering - a highly math-intensive engineering subject.
• Here on WyzAnt, I have earned the "600+ hours" badge (check my public profile picture to see it), so you can be sure that I have the experience necessary to help you. Of course, this doesn't count the innumerable hours I've spent tutoring on my own over the years (I have been tutoring math since 1989).
• I tutor simply because I enjoy helping others learn. The 500 hours I've accumulated here are representative of part-time work; I have a regular 9-to-5 type job that pays my bills. I dedicate my extra hours outside of work and family to tutoring because it's something that makes me happy.
• I go ABOVE AND BEYOND WyzAnt satisfaction policy. If ANY tutoring session is deemed unsatisfactory for any reason, then I do not charge for that session.
• I can help you with math all the way through Calculus II (AP Calculus BC). I can also help with HS Physics.
• I try to make every session the best it can be - I have a 4.9+ rating out of a possible 5, and my average email response time is about 2-3 hours.
• I'm very flexible with cancellations. In almost all situations I only charge you for work actually performed, and I usually only charge for cancellations if they become a recurring issue.
• I offer multi-student discounts for up to a total of 3 students in the same class. If your classmates are also having trouble, then you and your friends can get discounted rates that benefit everyone!
• I value long-term relationships. I guarantee that your rate will never increase, even year-after-year, regardless of the complexity of the math course (some tutors charge more for more advanced classes.)
• I own and publish articles to a math and physics tutoring blog page, although due to WyzAnt policies, I'm unable to provide the link here. I have also written some articles for Wyzant's Learning pages.
If you are having problems with math or physics, please get in touch with me and I will make sure that you gain the understanding you are missing!
I look forward to helping you!
back to top