Would you like to improve your scores on entrance exams significantly like my students do?
Let me tell you a bit about myself:
- I am the oldest of nine children with lots of practice tutoring others while growing up.
- I have an MBA from Boston University with concentrations in marketing
, and a B.S. from UMass.
- For several decades, I have worked in the marketing, marketing research, competitive intelligence and public relations fields. Along the way, I have had several small businesses including a marketing and marketing research consulting practice for the past 20 years and a catering business
- My undergraduate BS degree is from the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. My major was the design and management of recreational programs and facilities with a minor in children's drama. I fulfilled student teaching requirements so I could have become certified to teach in that state. Throughout my undergraduate experience, I volunteered as a tutor in the inner city of Springfield, MA. Then, I ran community school programs and a community center in suburbs of Boston. I helped to get a licensed preschool
in a center and brought in many different programs such as music
, crafts, dancing, children's theater, etc., for adults and children. I also tutored the members' children in various subjects.
- From there, I moved on to educational testing for the Education Commission of the States, administering a test that measures children's and youths' abilities to read, perform math
operations and understand basic science
- A few years ago, I became certified to teach online with the University of Phoenix, where I teach marketing to MBA candidates. I have subsequently been approved to teach a wide variety of other subjects including entry-level courses to help new students acclimate to the University. Recently, I took the GMAT
test again in preparation for teaching that test. I achieved the same score as when I took the test 35 years ago!
- Earlier this summer, I was accepted to teach at Albertus Magnus College in New Haven, CT. I am about to start my second marketing course with MBA candidates at this school.
- I love to write and have always been very good at math and most other school subjects. In addition, I read music and have play the piano
, can teach various crafts and hobbies as well as life survival classes such as basic finance
, budgeting, decision-making, problem-solving, cooking, baking, sewing, knitting, gardening, and so on.
- In my spare time, I play tennis
, kayak and enjoy the outdoors. I am an Improv comedy performer and volunteer at a local theater. At any given time, I'm probably in the middle of about 10 books, so you could say I'm an extremely avid reader! I love animals and, at the moment, have two indoor cats.
- Each day, I have three goals: 1) make at least two people laugh; 2) learn something; and 3) do the very best I can at all I undertake.
I believe that everyone learns in a somewhat different way and at a different pace. Some people learn by listening, others by visual means, and still others by a combination of both. Everyone has subjects that come more easily than others, and many people have difficulties with certain topics. If one method of teaching doesn't work, then I will try another. And, if I don't have the answer, I will find it before trying to insist that I know something. Since I started teaching again, I have found that I absolutely love it!
What's my record? One of my students improved her math score on a standardized admission test by 18% in just three lessons! Another student improved his score on the math section of the GMAT by 20 percentiles. Still another student scored a 92% on the NY Regents
Exam. And, yet two other students improved their scores on the ASVAB
exam by nearly 125% and 95%, respectively. After just three weeks, the first ASVAB student who claimed he "hated" math and "couldn't do math" stood up and, with his chest puffed out, said "I love math! Math is fun!" Not only did he improve his score by nearly 125%, he scored 20% higher than he needed in order to enter the Coast Guard. He recently said to me, "Have anyone call me for a recommendation! I am so appreciative of what you did and how you helped me! No one has ever sat
with me and helped me understand that I can do math problems; I just needed to be shown in a different way!"
Want similar results? I'm looking forward to working with you!