My name is Steven, and since graduating from college I have enjoyed working in various student programs both in local schools and in my own church student department.
Because I was raised in a bilingual household, I am able to teach and explain the Spanish language
in a natural, easy-to-understand manner.
In high school and college, I excelled in both math
classes. During my college career, I completed several advanced mathematics
classes up to Calculus
As a successful high school and college athlete, I acquired coaching and physical education training skills which I have used from a fairly young age to help young people develop their abilities in their areas of athletics.
I truly enjoy helping young people to learn and achieve in their chosen fields of study or interest. I believe that my work with students in the past thirteen years has given me the ability to relate well and communicate effectively with children and teenagers. I look forward to meeting your student and realizing the possibilities of what we may accomplish together!
I will be offering private basketball
lessons during the summer months. Please contact me early so that I can arrange gym times for our lessons.
Track Record for 2013
Worked with 34 students this past semester in subjects including Spanish, ESL
, Algebra, Coord. Algebra, Geometry
, Calculus, Physics
, Physical Science
*Noteworthy News (2013)- Started with a struggling Algebra student in November and three months of lessons he won the Math student of the month award at a Forsyth County High School and has been used as a student teacher by a couple teachers at the school.
Track Record for 2012
1. Increased 6th grade
math assessment test from 46 to 92. Has earned perfect scores on his last two tests.
2. Math 2 student - letter grade increased from D to B plus with two months left to earn an A.
3. 8th grade science - letter grade increased from D to B.
4. Chemistry and Spanish student - letter grade increased from F to B minus in Chemistry. He scored two grades higher than the class average on his Spanish final.
5. Math 2 student - letter grade increased from low C
6. Senior ACT Math
7. Chemistry student - received an 84 percent on his test after first lesson, which was one out of a few passing grades of the semester.
8. Physics student - helped a student earn A's and B's when he had been nearly failing.
9. Spanish 1 student -diagnosed ADD - has passed EVERY quiz and test since we started lessons. He had been failing every test prior to our lessons.
10. Chemistry and Math 2 student - raised her grades significantly after we started our lessons.
11. Chemistry and Trig
. student - ended the year scoring much higher on his tests than he did prior to our lessons.
12. Junior SAT Math
13. Spanish students - 7 and 9 year old children learning Spanish to communicate with relatives. They have completed three semesters of lessons so far, and they are working on a skit to present to their family in the fall.
14. Spanish II and Biology student - prepared student for his finals. He passed each one!
15. Math SAT student - summer preparations for fall SAT exam
16. Spanish III student - summer workshops to prepare student for Spanish III.
17. Organic Chemistry
student - summer preparations for Organic Chemistry course in the fall. Student has Aced every quiz so far.
18. Basketball student - basketball workshops during the summer to prepare for 8th grade basketball team.
19. Spanish III student - urgent need - summer student needed to finish one year worth of Spanish in one week. He completed his course work and exams with an A and took a cumulative final and passed with a D.
20. Accelerated Math II student - summer preparation for advancement test. Student passed his test and was placed into the Accelerated Math II class.
Track Record for 2011
1. Home school for a Junior in High School - Finished 75 percent of his year in 3 months. Completed year with all A's and B's except for one incomplete class in which he received a C because he didn't have time to complete the class.
2. Spanish 3 student - Letter grade went from a D to a B.
3. World History
student - Letter grade went up from a low C to a B.
4. College Algebra
student - helped pass her final.
5. Math 2 student - Letter grade went from a D to a solid B.
6. Elementary Spanish students - taught a one hour class for two elementary students.
7. Chemistry student - Midterm test preparation
8. 8th grade Spanish student - Final test preparation.