My original training was at Colorado School of Mines with a Major (Bachelor's and Master's degree) in Chemical Engineering and Minor in Biological Engineering Life Sciences. I interned at National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) while completing my thesis-based masters degree. I graduated with high honors but I found that I thoroughly enjoyed teaching students in my recitation-style workshops (references upon request), so I joined Teach for America.
I have taught as a licensed secondary science teacher at two high schools for the following courses: Chemistry (regular, honors, and AP), Physics (regular, AP C and AP B), Biology, Anatomy & Physiology, Earth Science. Over the Summer, I teach for outreach programs and pre-colligate health programs ACT Math, ACT science, SAT math, precalculus, calculus, and Algebra.
- I was a licensed science teacher (will expire by end of 2014 and will NOT be renewed as I will be a Medical Student).
- I have a BS/MS chemical engineering and bioengineering with a GPA of 3.8.
- My ACT math, SAT math, ACT science, and SAT II Chemistry scores are: 36, 800, 35, and 780, respectively.
- I was the youngest general tutor at Colorado School of Mines(General tutors cover all of freshman and some sophomore courses including: Calculus I, Calculus II, Calculus III, Differential Equations, Linear Algebra, Chemistry I and II, Biology I and II, and Calculus based Physics I and II, Statics).
- I haev 7 years of tutoring experience
I will be a medical student and my time will be very valuable. If you are willing to drive to my area, I can reduce the price.
back to top