I have been an international student mentor since high school. In such positions, I had experience assisting students who had little to no comprehension of the English language. Before you wonder how this is relevant to your American child, I want you to realize the level of patience and tolerance that I have built over the years with regards to communicating. Even more importantly, I have mastered the very core of tutoring, being able to gain the perspective of the person across from you. With this gained perspective, I am able to go at his/her pace, meet him/her at his/her respective understanding level and communicate the "simple" and often overlooked rules of the English language that over the years become second nature to most, but remain complex in their initial phases.
I also studied as an exchange student at Oxford University England, hereby being exposed to the education system of the oldest and debatably best university on the planet. I have carried with me enhanced writing methodology and proofreading skills that I continued to use as President of my Honors Society on campus and student government Caucus Director.
I currently have a full-time job at a law firm downtown, so I am only available on weekends and in the evenings. I have a passion for education and would go above and beyond to make sure that by the end of each session, my student feels comfortable with the material covered, regardless of whether or not the payment session has come to an end. That is the job of a tutor and the importance of a good education.
*WHAT YOU GET*
- Passionate about education
- A fun and engaging learning environment
- Young enough to remember what it feels like to be in your shoes
- Close to downtown, yet still cheap
- Right in the heart of Denver. No need to drive out of the city
- Polite and respectful character
- Someone who has been on the receiving end of a tutorial and knows what techniques were more effective.
- The quality presented from experience at a world renown and prestigious university
- My big smile!
I look forward to hearing back from you.
back to top