I'm in my eleventh year teaching middle/high school mathematics and am highly qualified to teach grades 7 through 12. I currently teach 8th grade mathematics in Thornton, Co. I started tutoring on the side because I'm passionate about education and enjoy helping people reach their goals. I found working one-on-one with students to be more rewarding then I could have imagined. Whether you are interested in improving your basic skills, developing a deeper understanding of mathematics and how it relates to your everyday life, or would like to challenge yourself mathematically, I can help.
MY SUMMER PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
1) Pre/Post assessment to guide instruction, set goals, and measure growth
2) Daily assignments provided to reinforce areas of weakness and develop procedural fluency in mathematics.
3) Study strategies that address note taking, test taking, test preparation, and other study skills that can be applied to any content area.
4) Immediate support provided daily through the summer during the program of study.
SERVICES DURING THE ACADEMIC YEAR INCLUDE:
1) One-on-one sessions.
2) Support with homework, test prep, and note taking.
3) Supplemental material to develop/reinforce procedural knowledge.
4) Higher level tasks to promote a deeper, conceptual understanding of mathematics.
I hold my sessions at a local library and coffee shop in Westminster.
back to top