Hello! My name is Holli, and I have a lot of experience teaching people of all ages across many different subjects. My 2 favorite subjects to teach are reading (especially, but not limited to, elementary level) and voice.
My general experience includes:
1. M.S. degree in general psychology from Walden University (4.0 G.P.A.). Also, B.A. degree in psychology from CSULA (graduated magna cum laude in 2003).
2. Over 10 years of teaching experience in the public and private sector, including elementary education, tutoring, college level instruction, and voice.
3. I work with students to uncover and remove individual learning blocks. My specialty is helping students learn to become competent in their own abilities. My approach not only helps remediate learning issues, but has the added positive effect of building student confidence!
4. I developed and implemented a program for at-risk children in Los Angeles around 2001, for which I received a certificate of recognition and thanks. The children involved enjoyed reading advancement beyond expectations.
5. I have a portfolio showcasing certificates of appreciation and achievement, as well as testimonials, attesting to the success of my teaching approach available for review upon request (at our first session).
For elementary education (particularly reading):
1. I was a first grade teacher. Many of my students advanced beyond grade level by third quarter. And, I was able to help the special needs children in my class advance beyond expected levels, as well. I do not see the same boundaries that some of the other educators seem to see. Rather than look for reasons why a child should not be able to learn, I focus on ways to enhance every child's learning experience. This is how results happen!
2. I have developed and use a very effective remediation strategy for children having difficulty in reading. Your child will be expected to work hard to remediate, and you will need to help in this process. But, with hard work, the results I have seen in most kids are nothing short of amazing with this approach.
3. I love working with my students, and they love working with me. I believe in accountability, but also fun when a child is working hard to achieve his or her goals. I can recommend ways for parents to reinforce positive study habits that will last a lifetime. After all, a parent is a child's first and most lasting teacher!
1. Without a doubt, my approach to vocal instruction is highly effective. I offer singing lessons, and many of my students have become working professionals in the local industry scene. In fact, two of my students ages 11 and 13 just landed lead roles in Broadway musicals in New York (one earned Tony Honors at age 10), one of my 17 year old students has a CD of his own original songs for sale, and many others work with professional performance companies or sing at live venue locations.
2. My approach to voice instruction is completely unique. I have been refining it for about 7 years now, and continue to make adjustments to my methods as I learn more from my students in the process of teaching.
3. My focus is on contemporary singing, but I also work with students interested in a Broadway focus. If you want your child to experience excellence in singing, you should definitely send him or her to me for lessons.
I sincerely hope to meet you and your child soon! I look forward to helping him or her meet all of his or her set learning goals!
back to top