I’ve spent the past 20 years teaching in all kinds of contexts:
- making learning fun in after-school settings
- intensive and conversational ESL for kids and adults
- helping kids with Down syndrome, ADHD, and autism
- developing science camps, creative writing workshops, and math intensives
- working with parents and kids as a literacy specialist
I specialize in hands-on learning for K-5 that is especially effective with language learners, kids who struggle to learn, or those who can’t seem to “get” a concept.
I also have a strong language background and enjoy teaching ESL, Spanish, Portuguese, English, and reading and writing to children and adults. I have a master’s degree in TESL/TEFL.
Learning with me may be different than what you have experienced before. I help students connect new information to what they already know, so concepts make sense. We break skills down into manageable chunks and practice them in fun ways so information really “sticks”. Students really understand the concepts and master new skills, so that often the topic that was so difficult becomes their favorite subject!
back to top