I have always had a passion for helping others with their academic pursuits and was keen to take part in academic competition throughout my life. By my junior year of high school I was the coach of the Freshmen/Sophomore Academic Decathlon team. Furthermore, as a senior in high school I had successfully completed 6 advance placement tests. This led to further tutoring positions; for example, I was hired to tutor an individual in algebra, and also a student from Brazil hired me to proof read her engineering papers. I continued with this passion of intellectual topics and discussion and my informal tutoring still continues. Now that I have completed my bachelors degree in History, I am hoping to have more opportunities to make teaching and helping people part of my professional life.
Qualifications for Position:
• Captain and later coach of Century High School Academic Decathlon Team; specifically taught public speaking and impromptu skills
• Captain of the Century High School Debate Team
• Model United Nations tutor and advisor
• Director of Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo: Student Volunteer Organization
• Private tutor experience in several academic fields – math, English, science, etc.
•Multiple awards for Public Speaking/Debate including interviewing competitions
back to top