I am a Harvard MBA with over 20 years of large and small business experience in marketing, general management, strategic planning and human resources. I have about 4 years of one-on-one experience consulting to small businesses, and have also worked for 2 Fortune 500 firms, the US Department of Labor, and over 5 years of career counseling at several social services nonprofit agencies.
I am a professional career coach. My 9+ years experience in the employment and training profession includes 3 years at the US Department of Labor, one year managing an ESL and 2 vocational training courses for a major South Bay agency, and 5 years working for 2 nonprofit agencies as a career coach for 200 clients.
I have always excelled in ALL aspects of English as evidenced by straight A's in HS English. I was valedictorian of my HS Class of over 320 students. I also took several courses in English (English and Irish Novels and short stories, American Novels and short stories, Shakespeare's Plays) for my cum laude liberal arts BA degree from prestigious Wesleyan University in Connecticut, and got all A's or at least a B plus in such courses. My SAT score in English was a near-perfect 790.
An excellent writer, I was managing editor for my HS newspaper and contributed an opinion piece to the Wesleyan Argus, both student publications.
I'm an experienced Harvard MBA with over 20 years of large and small business experience in marketing looks to help students and small business owners in all aspects of marketing.
I have about 4 years of one-on-one experience in marketing consulting to small businesses, and have also worked as Product Manager over 7 years at 2 Fortune 500 firms.
Marketing/Sales Management Accomplishments
• Increased sales of a $4 million Fortune 500 company business unit over 33% per year and maintained very high profit margins during a deep recession
• Spearheaded new product line/new market entry start-up from zero to $1 million in annual sales rate within one year for a publishing company
• Revamped and drove launch of incomplete flagship repair information product for new heavy truck market resulting in increased sales: this has grown into the currently thriving, profitable new business now called Mitchell1 Tractor-Trailer.net
• Helped over several Mexican and US-owned micro-businesses grow with business development, sales,and marketing.
• Nominated Peace Corps volunteer for business development in Latin America in 2009
World History subjects I have studied include American History, European History, Spanish History and civilization, Mexican History, and ancient Egytian, Mesopotamian, Persian, Chinese, Greek, and Roman history. Also, history of Europe, North and South America, Africa, and Asia in the 19th and 20th Centuries.
I tutored an American high school junior in English reading and writing. I scored a 790 in English on SAT and achieved all A's in high school English (4 years of advanced classes) plus all A's or B+'s in English novels, American novels, and Shakespeare's plays courses as a cum laude graduate of prestigiuous Wesleyan University. Many course-related written papers were submitted for grading all these courses.
My writing was recognized as I was selected to be the managing editor for my high school newspaper, for which I also wrote sports articles, poetry, and editorials. I am also a published writer as editor of a newsletter in the 1980's; wrote the feature article for the inaugural issue of The Spirit of Todos Santos magazine in 1997; and had 2 articles published on page 2 in the largest circulation newspaper of Mexico in 1997.