I have extensive production (concept-to-completion), broadcast and management experience. My skills range from studio and location work to programming and facilities management; from today’s non-linear and digital camera solutions, and backwards to A and B reels on telecinies, to linear editing with a CMX, and to production in 35mm.
Here are a few relevant highlights of my experience, both in and out of the production field:
• Graduate of the University of Southern California Film School.
• 29 years experience as a Freelance Producer/Director/DP/Writer/Editor. Manage talent, crew and service providers.
• Managed broadcast division of DNN (real estate news and
• Director of Marketing for Broadcast Rentals of California. Marketing and sales in lean times.
• Owner/operator/designer of a large Video Production facility in Phoenix, AZ. Managed
25 employees, plus numerous freelance personnel.
• Class 10 cleanroom camera experienced.
• Assignment Editor at a NBC network TV affiliate managing reporters and
• Hands-on experience with a wide variety of film and video
cameras, including HD and HDV…on the ground, or hanging out of a helicopter.
• TV News Cameraman, which gives me the edge in handling an
• Final Cut Pro savvy.
Presently, I offer “concept-to-completion”, or al la carte services to my clients on a freelance basis.
• Concepting with the client based on their requirements.
• Production (shooting & editing/management of talent and crews).
• Client approvals.
• Tape or digital distribution.
My teaching style is by example. I can provide notes and references on a subject, but hands-on is used for proving proficiency.
back to top