I have a Harvard B.A., U.C
. Berkeley Ph.D. in Chemistry
, and 25 years experience teaching chemistry.
I believe that every student is unique. When I teach, I focus on how YOU learn, YOUR knowledge, and YOUR skills. I do not lecture at students. Students learn best by: solving problems, asking questions, answering questions, discussing, making the most of textbooks, making mistakes, sharing ideas. I help YOU understand the words, math
, and pictures of chemistry.
I help you set up and follow your own weekly study program for chemistry class. We make a weekday study plan for lecture days and a weekend study plan. We figure out YOUR goal for the final course grade. I help focus your work, attention, and motivation on YOUR goal EVERY WEEK.
Please see my qualifications below:
WYZANT TUTORING EXPERIENCE -- CHEMISTRY
- October 2010 - present
- Over 300 tutoring hours
COLLEGE TEACHING EXPERIENCE -- CHEMISTRY
- U.C. Berkeley, San Francisco State University, California State University Northridge, Pomona College
LOCAL COLLEGE TUTORING EXPERIENCE -- CHEMISTRY
- students from
USC, BIOLA, University of the Pacific
UCLA, CSU-Dominguez Hills, PCC, Citrus College
HIGH SCHOOL TEACHING AND TUTORING EXPERIENCE
- LearningEdge, South Pasadena; TestMagic, San Francisco
- Chemistry, Honors Chemistry, AP Chemistry
, SAT II
LOCAL HIGH SCHOOL TUTORING EXPERIENCE -- CHEMISTRY
- students from
San Marino, Arcadia, South Pasadena, Gabrielino, La Crescenta
St. Francis, LaSalle, Polytechnic
EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
- U.C. Berkeley. Designed, tested, and implemented innovative Teaching Guides and Student Learning Workbooks for College Chemistry. Accepted for publication by Prentice Hall Publishers. 1999-2005.
- Ph.D., 1993. U.C. Berkeley. Chemistry
- A.B., 1988. Harvard University. Chemistry