SAT Reading Section Tips While Taking the SAT
1. Actively read, meaning underline keywords and main ideas in passages!
2. Determine main idea and/or purpose of author after reading BEFORE you read the questions.
2. After reading the question, take a guess at what the answer might be BEFORE looking at the answer choices so that you have an idea of what you are looking for.
1. Model example problems while explaining and writing step by step notes to accommodate visual and auditory learners.
2. Provide various practice problems that the student can try while looking at your example and notes.
3. Correct and provide written and verbal feedback.
4. Allow the student to solve practice problems without notes and examples to test application skills.
1. Set goals and times for goals and use a timer for student to beat their own time. Reward students for ACCURATE, complete, and fast work
2. Have students do hardest stuff first to get it out of the way
3. Take short breaks (5-15 min) between subjects when doing homework
4. Have students do homework right after school to get it over with and then have a reward activity after