I'm a working artist, illustrator and college lecturer with advanced skills in digital and traditional studio art and a rich background in art history and theory. I have taught at the college level for over 10 years, working with aspiring graphic artists, costume designers, and art directors as well as bio majors, engineers and business students.
I work hard to make the skills and concepts of art and design accessible to every student I work with, from beginners to seasoned pros. Whether your goal is to master Photoshop, gain confidence in drawing, or get more out of a tough art history class, I can provide the clarity, context and expertise to help you succeed.
I take real pride in my student's development, and have repeatedly received glowing evaluations as an instructor.
Areas of special expertise include:
• Traditional drawing and painting, including the human figure, perspective
• Color theory
• Concepts in graphic design inlcuding composition, layout and typography
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe Illustrator (a personal favorite!)
• 19th and 20th century art history
• Contemporary art practice and critical theory
• Inside knowledge of LA's art galleries and museums
If it sounds like my background might meet your academic needs, I'd love to hear from you.
back to top