I've been working with elementary and middle school students, both as a classroom teacher and a personal tutor, since 1996. I am especially experienced and adept at working with students who have learning disabilities. Over time, I have developed an effective method of working with students to achieve a variety of goals. Here are five important aspects of my teaching/tutoring philosophy.
1) I believe every student is a unique individual and deserves an educational experience designed around their individual strengths and needs.
2) I believe in positive reinforcement and building a healthy student teacher relationship, based on mutual goals and respect.
3) I believe teachers and tutors should avoid showing anger or frustration to students. A teacher who uses fear to motivate students is generally ineffective.
4) I believe in fostering curiosity and a love of learning in all my students.
5) I believe it is impossible for a student to achieve certain goals without the necessary foundational skills for that task. For example, you can't ask someone to multiply numbers before they have learned to add numbers, or to write a paragraph before they have mastered writing sentences.
I have multiple references from former and current client families, available upon request.
back to top