I offer quality math and verbal tutoring for the GMAT, customized around your ability and need. I can provide an entire course or act as a supplement to your current studies. Regardless of where you are in the process - whether you've already taken the exam and not yet reached your target score, taken a course but didn't learn as much as you thought you would, starting from square one or somewhere in between - I will position you to excel on test day. As the author of a GMAT book, I am an expert in the principles and procedures you must understand to excel on the exam.
practice strategy and planning;
diagnostics and weak area probing;
problem solving, reading comp, critical reasoning, and sentence correction strategies;
custom topic review and common tricky topics;
custom study guide for home review based on the principles you are having trouble with.
Working with me, you will learn how to approach every question type on both the math and verbal sections. Recent educational research shows that answering questions, as opposed to listening to lectures, dramatically increases retention of new knowledge. I train students to quickly recognize question types and break questions down into manageable steps. These methods go far beyond typical strategies such as picking numbers and plugging in answer choices. With my training, my students know exactly what to do with every question that shows up on the exam.
I am an experienced GMAT tutor. I know the intricacies and nuances of each exam and possess years of teaching and tutoring experience. I have raised scores tremendously. I enjoy helping others achieve their objectives. I am friendly, but at the same time I take the training very seriously. I like to work with motivated people. My style is efficient, direct, and effective.
The tutor earned the highest score ever achieved in the United States on a competency test and has used the program extensively in his own businesses. He has designed Access based applications for an Internet commerce site selling hundreds of books daily, a real estate brokerage, an art gallery, and a Hong Kong company tutoring students in GMAT, SAT and SSAT Preparation as well as Business English (his own business).
Microsoft Access is a database management system from Microsoft that combines the relational Microsoft Jet Database Engine with a graphical user interface and software-development tools. Software developers and data architects can use Microsoft Access to develop application software, and "power users" can use it to build software applications.
Students of this course will receive one-on-one instruction on how to utilize the program to achieve their desired goals, which can be specific to a particular application, or alternatively can be to attain broad competence in the use of the program. Depending on the student’s needs and interests, this can include:
• Setting up and managing tables including relationships among tables, determining when tables are needed and when they are extraneous;
• Designing queries including queries to filter data, to add data, delete, data, change data, and create new tables from data in other tables, how to create queries that filter only when specified conditions are met;
• Designing and managing forms to display data, make data editable or not, create events to occur when certain actions occur such as pressing buttons or changing the data in fields, formatting forms such that data is displayed in the desired format, creating fields that display or are enabled only when specified conditions are met;
• Designing reports that display data without allowing users to change the data, grouping data such that reports contain a hierarchy of data;
• Designing and managing macros to perform a series of events when activated by controls on forms, events that can activate action queries, open forms, set properties on forms, set values in fields on forms, activate other macros, and events that are conditioned on specified circumstances such as the state of controls on forms or the results of a query.