My goal is to assist seniors in achieving comfort and confidence in handling and using their communication devices. This means their computer, iPad, iPhone, and even a basic cellphone. These devices make staying in touch with friends and family, who may live far away much more possible than ever before. At the same time, this technology can be extremely overwhelming and intimidating to older generations.
Mastering even just the basics helps elderly people to stay in touch which is of the utmost importance to a fulfilling emotional life when travel is less frequent or no longer possible.
Examples of what you will learn:
- How to attach a picture in your email
- How to save a picture from an email you've received
- How to unsubscribe from annoying newsletters and other unwanted email
- How to access your photos on your iPad and/or iPhone at any time
- How to connect your iPad and/or iPhone to wifi and how to know when or where wifi (internet) is available
- How to use Skype on your desktop computer or laptop
Advanced lessons for the iPhone:
- Basic app usage that is helpful for seniors, such as a flashlight app.
- How to use Siri - incredibly useful for seniors (available only on iPhone 4S or up)
For the many people who want no part of this confusing technology, I completely understand and will work with you to gain mastery of your cell phone --
Cell Phone Mastery (non-smart phone):
- How to enter new contact information, including any emergency contact, ie, doctors and car service.
- How to access contacts
- How to turn on and off rings and adjust volume
- How to access voicemail
- How to charge the phone
How many sessions will this take?
Every individual is at a different stage of comfort with his or her computer, iPad, cell phone or smart phone. Therefore, it is not possible to say how much can be accomplished in one lesson. I do not rush my clients, they need to move at a pace that makes sense for them. Some will master the basics in one session and others will need 3 or more if they want to go a step beyond. Everyone is different.
back to top