With my patient, confidential and caring manner, I will help the student master the subject matter. I expeditiously pinpoint knowledge gaps and the student's learning style to help the student succeed as soon as possible. I have enjoyed working with students for many years as a tutor, coach, project judge, school board director and booster club president. My Odyssey of the Mind teams qualified for World Finals in successive years (scored on technical and creative merit). My students and I have fun and learn a lot. I understand the rigors of sports and AP classes being an athlete and honor student myself. I am bilingual in Spanish. Si usted o su niño necesita lecciones de matemáticas o ciencias en español, yo puedo ayudarle.
I offer LIVE or ONLINE CLASSES!
Online classes feature interactive digital whiteboards, document sharing, live interactive editing, session recording, audio and video capabilities.
In the past 9 years, my experience includes serving as college senior project judge, Odyssey of the Mind regional judge, board director for 2 academically acclaimed schools, founder and manager of a local professional group and high school sports booster club president. Specifically, I have coached:
* high school and college students in Chemistry, Algebra, Spanish and study skills
* college students in Computer Science
* adults in Spanish Immersion class
* adults in Career Development, Job Search skills, Social Media and Marketing training sessions
* 6th through 8th graders in math, Odyssey of the Mind and Future City projects
(Odyssey of the Mind elementary through college students apply technical, creative, strategic and trade skills to create a technical project and presentation. Future City students apply technical, presentation and creative skills to create an urban development project).
Subject Matter Expertise:
* Spanish - Now offering SPANISH IMMERSION CLASES. I excelled in fourth year Spanish class which required reading Spanish literature and writing essays. I won a state Spanish poem recitation contest and subsequently tested out of 24 hours of Spanish with a grade of 'A' at a major U.S. university. I have been bilingual since I was 4 years old. En español: Avanzado pasado del cuarto año de español que requiere leer literatura española y escribir ensayos, gané un concurso de recitación en español de poema y tomé examen para avanzar pasado de 24 horas de cursos en español en una Universidad principal. He sido bilingüe desde los 4 años de edad. Si necesita instrucción en matemáticas o ciencias en español, comuníquese conmigo para lecciones.
* Algebra - I have always excelled in Math. As a computer science student, I advanced past Calculus.
* Chemistry - I like to solve equations and help students understand Chemistry. I aced my Organic Chemistry final in college.
* Computer Science - I have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science and was employed as a software developer and team lead for 17 years. I developed and tested many commercially available communications software products. I diagnose software logically and have an affinity to document solutions and explain difficult concepts to technical and non-technical staff. I was directly involved in troubleshooting software for hundreds of sites without losing a single account. I have conducted technical due diligence on IP products pending corporate purchase.
* Career Development, Job Search and Presentation skills - As a recruiter, I conducted numerous on-campus and off-site interviews. I presented workshops on job search and social media. I also served as a panelist for a statewide college career services conference. I have written articles on career, job search and social media topics. I have coached prospective job candidates on career development, interviewing and presentation skills.
* Social Media, Social Networking and Internet Marketing - Want to sell goods and services and promote your products online without hiring a programmer to build and maintain custom websites? I can show you how to integrate PayPal, social sharing, affiliate marketing, analytics and use template sites to ramp up your internet sales. I have built successful social networks, web sites and eCommerce interfaces.
For individual tutoring, please provide a quiet area free of distractions or meet me at a public library. On a personal note, I stay upbeat with regular weight training, hiking and cross-country running.
back to top