With my patient, confidential and caring manner, I will help the student master the subject matter. I expeditiously pinpoint knowledge gaps and the student's learning style to help the student succeed as soon as possible. I have enjoyed working with students for many years as a tutor, coach, project judge, school board director and booster club president. My students and I have fun and learn a lot. I understand the rigors of sports and AP classes having been an athlete and honor student myself. I am bilingual in Spanish
. Si usted o su niño necesita lecciones de matemáticas o ciencias en español, yo puedo ayudarle.
Online classes feature interactive digital whiteboards, document sharing, live interactive editing
, session recording, audio and video capabilities.
In the past 9 years, my experience includes serving as college senior project judge, regional project judge, board director for 2 academically acclaimed schools, founder and manager of a local professional group and high school sports booster club president. Specifically, I have coached:
* High school and college students in Chemistry
, Spanish and study skills
* College students in Computer Science
* Adults in Spanish Immersion class
* Adults in Career Development
, Job Search skills, Social Media and Marketing
* 6th through 8th graders in math
, Odyssey of the Mind and Future City projects
(Odyssey of the Mind elementary through college students apply technical, creative, strategic and trade skills to create a technical project and presentation. Future City students apply technical, presentation and creative skills to create an urban development project).
Subject Matter Expertise:
* Spanish - Now offering SPANISH IMMERSION CLASSES. I excelled in fourth year Spanish class which required reading
essays. I won a state Spanish poem recitation contest and subsequently tested out of 24 hours of Spanish with a grade of 'A' at a major U.S. University. I have been bilingual since I was 4 years old. En español: Avanzado pasado del cuarto año de español que requiere leer literatura española y escribir ensayos, gané un concurso de recitación en español de poema y tomé examen para avanzar pasado de 24 horas de cursos en español en una Universidad principal. He sido bilingüe desde los 4 años de edad. Si necesita instrucción en matemáticas o ciencias en español, comuníquese conmigo para lecciones.
* Algebra - I have always excelled in Math. As a computer science
student, I advanced past Calculus
* Chemistry - I like to solve equations and help students understand Chemistry. I aced my Organic Chemistry
final in college.
* Computer Science - I have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science and was employed as a software developer and team lead for 17 years. I developed and tested many commercially available communications software products. I diagnose software logically and have an affinity to document solutions and explain difficult concepts to technical and non-technical staff. I was directly involved in troubleshooting software for hundreds of sites without losing a single account. I have conducted technical due diligence on IP products pending corporate purchase.
* Career Development, Job Search and Presentation skills - As a recruiter, I conducted numerous on-campus and off-site interviews. I presented workshops on job search and social media. I also served as a panelist for a statewide college career services conference. I have written articles on career, job search and social media topics. I have coached prospective job candidates on career development, interviewing and presentation skills.
* Social Media, Social Networking and Internet
Marketing - Want to sell goods and services and promote your products online without hiring a programmer to build and maintain custom websites? I can show you how to integrate PayPal, social sharing, affiliate marketing, and use template sites to ramp up your internet sales. I have built successful social networks, web sites and e-commerce interfaces.
For individual tutoring, please provide a quiet area free of distractions or meet me at a public library. On a personal note, I stay upbeat with regular weight training, hiking and cross-country running.